Saturday, April 3, 2010

{Hoo Hoo} SFYTT NEWS & a SNEAK PREVIEW 4 U


Happy Saturday, everyone!!! And boy what a Saturday it is!! I have some very exciting news to share with you:

I'm the new Baby Sis...of Jen del Muro's SFYTT sisters that is!!!

I nearly fell of my chair when I saw Jen's email asking me if I was ready to become a sister.
I'm tremendously honored and humbled to be able to join the ranks
of all these amazingly talented stampers that I've admired since I've discovered the stamping community - I don't even really know what more to say so I'm going to get on with it and move on to my card:

Here's Jen's fun sketch for the week! As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to create a scene and that's what I did.

I figured this manly hunky card would be perfect to give to my honey....well... if I had a honey but I'm single at the moment. lol Oh well...I guess this card is going into storage until I find the right guy. ;)

I used papers from the Quite Contrary collection by My Mind's Eye. I've been using their papers soo much lately - I hope you're not sick of seeing them yet. :)
The hills are made using paper from Cosmo Cricket's Garden Variety and the tree trunk is cut out of papers from the Cosmo Cricket Mr. Campy collection.

The owl and the sentiment "About You" are from the TCP set Happy Camper, which was one of the very first TCP sets I ordered because it was just so darn cute. :) The Hoo's are spelled out using the TCP alphabet set Coolvetica.

To make the sentiment clouds pop and stand out from the background clouds I used a C-1 Copic Marker to outline them and then I sponged a little Soft Suede around the edges.



Now onto some more EXCITING NEWS: I snuck in a little PREVIEW here for you of The Cat's Pajamas' new and upcoming release!!!

This adorable bunny here is the newest character to join Poochie, Sprinkles and PJ and I just adore him already (I've decided it's a he). :) The new releases will be available for purchase on Tuesday, April 13th.


All right... that's all I have for you today! Thanks for stopping by and be sure to hoo or hop on over to the other SFYTT's sister's blogs to see what they've come up with:
* Jen del Muro and Guest Designer Makeesha Byl

Would you like to be our next Guest Designer?
All you have to do is share your fabulousness with us and play along with the sketches - make sure you upload them to Jen's Blog!!
Jen will pick the lucky designer!



{Hoo Hoo}
Stamps: Happy Camper (TCP), Coolvetica (TCP)
Paper: Quite Contrary (MME), Garden Variety (CC), Mr. Campy (CC), Soft Suede (SU), Handsome Hunter (SU)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Soft Suede (SU)
Accessories: Copic Markers, Jute Twine, Buttons, White Heavy Thread, Sewing Machine, Sponges

8 comments:

  1. Welcome, girl! So excited to have you on the SFYTT team! I just found you a couple of weeks ago through the MFT fave finds, and have been blown away ever since!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sony! Congrats on being on Jen's team! I am new to your blog and took a bit of a stroll. You got some serious talent! I am happy to add you to my Google Reader. Have a great Easter! Hugs, michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! Your owl scene is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome, Sony! I am so glad to call you my SFYTT sister! I am in love with your super sweet card! What a hoot! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO cute and clever Sony!!! Love those clouds and the papers you used are just GORGEOUS! Welcome to the team!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute cards...congrats on joining the SFYTT sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWZA Sony this is just perfectly adorable! love how you have used the HOO, Hoo's in clouds.....so darn clever! You are going to rock the SYTT sistas.......! Thanks for your inspiration this week! Love keesh x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you!!