Thursday, April 29, 2010

{Bag Lady}

Hi guys!! After my super simple cards the last two days I wanted to share this fun card I made for my friend Stacy, who is a purse-lover through and through.

Hehe I always laugh because whenever she goes to the outlet mall, which has a Coach store, she comes back with another purse or two.

So when I spotted this adorable stamp set by My Favorite Things I laughed so hard I just had to get it! The inside of the card reads: You give Bag Lady a whole new meaning!

Something fun I did with this image here is I used Crystal Effects for the display window and I used some Stickles Glitter on the yellow purse to really make it a focal point of the card. I also paper pieced quite a bit and then the rest is colored in with Copic Markers.


The papers I used are from the Girl Friday collection by Cosmo Cricket and the Ooh La La collection by My Minds' Eye. Some embellishments I used here are a large button from My Favorite Things, some ribbon, twill tape and jute twine. V

Thanks so much for swingin' by!!

~ Sony





Stamps: Tote-ally Fantastic (MFT), Twisted Threesome (MFT)
Paper: Girl Friday (CC), Ooh La La (MME), Kraft
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, White Gel Pen, Crystal Effects, Stickles Glitter, Button (MFT), Jute Twine, Ribbon, Twill Tape, Round Corner Punch, Sewing Machine, Pop-Up Dots



6 comments:

  1. I love this card and you've pulled it together perfectly Sony. Love the crystal effects treatment and the paper piecing is fantastic!! I have a BFF who fits this "bag lady" category perfectly too!! 'Cept hers is bags + shoes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL!!, you did a great card!!

    **Sony**
    Sonia-Studio60

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I love all the details on this project!

    Congratulations, your card is being featured on the MFT Blog today as part of Our Favorite Finds!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you!!