Today the weather is really yucky here in LA but then after yesterday I'm not really surprised. Did you guys hear about the 7.2 earthquake in Mexico yesterday? Well - we didn't just hear about it we also felt it here in LA. It was like a wave and lasted a good 30-40 seconds. The blinds were swaying back and forth and even the pool sloshed over. Mmh... guess it's time I update my earthquake kit.

But nonetheless today is a special day for me because I'm going back to school and my first class is today. Yay! I'm a little nervous and also excited at the same time...strange how that works, right?

But enough about earthquakes and school let's talk Mojo Monday. It's the first week of the month so there is a prize up for grabs. A maximum of 7 winners will receive a stamp set of their choice!!
Since going back to school has been on my mind a lot lately and I know several kids who are going to graduate from High School - I decided to make another Guy's Graduation card.
This card is really straight forward:
I used papers from the Boyfriend collection by Cosmo Cricket and Bitty Box Basics by PTI.
The star was cut out using my Nestabilities by Spellbinders.
The sentiment is from the Verve set Party Time and the little Screw Brads are made by Recollections and I found them at Michaels.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you have a great start to the week and that there be no more earthquakes!
~ Sony
Paper: Boyfriend (CC), Bitty Box Basics (PTI), Kraft, Old Olive (SU)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Soft Suede (SU), Antique Linen (Distress Ink)
Accessories: Sponges, Screw Brads, Nesties, Sewing Machine, Twill Tape, Notebook Style Punch

how fun! love this, Sonja!
ReplyDeleteOhh FUN, FABULOUS job.
ReplyDeleteHow awesome! Love the whole theme!
ReplyDeleteseriously, wow! I am loving your work. so glad I found your blog! love this!
ReplyDeleteLove this card! The embellishments are so unique and matching! Great Job!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome take on the sketch! My favorite so far. Really unique.
ReplyDeletegreat card...love the stitching on the star! Hope your first day back at school went well!
ReplyDeleteYour card is AWESOME!!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE what you did with the sketch!
ReplyDeleteperfection, my friend! i love it!
ReplyDeletestunning card!
ReplyDeleteVERY cool take on the sketch! Awesome work, as usual!
ReplyDeleteyiou definitely got your mojo going for this one. good luck.
ReplyDeleteThis is absolutely awesome!! So creative :)
ReplyDeleteI'm in love with that card - it's absolutely gorgeous! What a fab use of the sketch!
ReplyDeleteCindy