Saturday, April 24, 2010

{Glitzy 4 U} SFYTT

So I was a bit stamp challenged when I made this first card here and if there ever was such a thing as an evil card - this was it for me! I can't even tell you how many versions I played with in my head, my sewing machine jammed oh every other stitch - it wasn't pretty BUT eventually I was able to get it together and now I actually kinda love it. Yay!!

As you've guessed it's Jen's Sketch For You To Try! I did enjoy this one despite all the pains I went through with my first card but that's why it's called a challenge, right? I liked it so much actually that I made another card a little bit later on, which you can see below.

Wanna be our next month's Guest Designer and play along with us? All you have to do is, create something adorable, load it up to Jen's Guestbook and wait for her to chose you! Best of luck!

The papers I used for both cards actually are from My Mind's Eye Ohh La La collection. I had totally forgotten that I had this DP and was so excited when I spotted it again.

Both images are by My Favorite Things. I paper pieced a part of the image, colored in the rest with Copic Markers and added some Stickles Glitter to 'em. Embellies complete both designs.

Got your cup of coffee in hand? Are you ready to see more? Why don't you go and check out my fabulous Sisters' sites? I know they'll have some eye candy for you!!
* Jen del Muro and Guest Designer Makeesha Byl
* Amy Sheffer (taking a little break this week)
* Susan Liles (taking a little break this week)

Tips'n'Tricks: I highly...highly recommend that you always start out your card with deciding on an image first and then laying out your papers. I tried it the other way around and...well...let's just say it was really really hard.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend! I'm off on a little day trip to San Diego with the youth group from my church!! :)

~ Sony



{Glitzy Yoga}
Stamps: Serenity Now (MFT)
Paper: Ohh La La (MME), Basic Black
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Stickles Glitter, Mulberry Paper Flowers, Brads, Sewing Machine (a working one), Ribbon

{Glitzy Cake}
Stamps: Who's that Birthday Girl (MFT)
Paper: Ooh La La (MME), Basic Black
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Stickles Glitter, Ribbon, Curvy Paperclip, Sewing Machine

4 comments:

  1. fabUlous cards, Sonja! Love the sparkle and glitz! I don't know how you do, you are the most prolific stamper I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty, pretty...I love how your black layers just frame everything so perfectly. That's one of my fave looks for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the glittery glitziness!! I haven't told you in the forum, but I sure hope your knees are better!! I don't like when I take a tumble like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these projects are amazing! Girl, you rock!

    Congratulations, your project is being featured on the MFT Blog today as part of Our Favorite Finds!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you!!