
Hehe so I was having a lot of fun with this week's Wednesday Stamp Club challenge. The challenge was to create a card
* using any MFT sets that fits the April Showers theme
* using the layout Kim used
* using a custom embellishment
I picked the April Showers theme but I added a little twist to it. Oh and I made my own custom sentiment.
Clearly inspired by the recent volcano outbreak and the fact that I had to postpone my Germany trip because of it I interpreted the April Showers as in Raining Ashes, get it? Fun right?
So what did I use?
I used my brand-new-Bubble-Bin-purchased-treasured set Going Places by My Favorite Things. I adore this set I really do. To make my WTGirl really stand out I propped her up on Pop-Up Dots and added some Crystal Effects to her map.
The sentiment was a collage of different letters/parts from different sets. The Going Places came with the set. I took the question mark from the Going Somewhere? and stuck it on my custom sentiment. The Not was made up using different parts of sentiments in the Twisted Threesome set.
The patterned paper is from the Quite Contrary Line by My Mind's Eye. This color combo is one of my all-time favorites! I just love teal and red together!
The newspaper article you see there is just that: I did a google search, found an article with a picture I liked, I scaled it down to about 30%, printed it and aged it a little.
Thank you so much for coming by. I hope you had a blessed Sunday and to all you travelers out there - safe travels!!!
~ Sony
Stamps: Going Places (MFT), Twisted Threesome (MFT)
Paper: Quite Contrary (MME), Bermuda Bay (SU), Basic Black
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Pebble (Adirondack)
Accessories: Copic Markers, Computer, Button (MFT), Pop-Up Dots, Jute Twine, Twill Tape, Paperclip, Sponges, Notebook Style Punch, Crystal Effects, Sewing Machine

THIS IS AWESOME and a TOTAL keeper... a lil mini scrapbook!!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt's perfect for your situation.
ReplyDeletePerfect!!!!
ReplyDeleteso fantastic! i LOVE it!!
ReplyDeleteThis card is FANTASTIC! Love your attention to detail---the newspaper article, the crystal effects on the map, the creative alteration of the sentiment, the color scheme!!! WOW! Love it all!
ReplyDeleteThis is totally amazing! Congratulations, your card is being featured today on the MFT Blog as part of Our Favorite Finds!
ReplyDeletelove it
ReplyDeleteHeidy
Fabulous card Sonja! I love how you printed off the newspaper article, that's just too brilliant! The details on your card are all just perfect! I love the papers and the layout! Thanks for playing along with MFT's WSC!
ReplyDeleteSony, this is amazing and SO clever!! :)
ReplyDeleteThis is so cute!!! I love it! My Mom is coming home tomorrow from Europe - about 6 days after she was scheduled!! :)
ReplyDelete