Hi everyone - I've had such a busy start to the week (there was the Cat's Pajamas New Release Blog Hop that I hope you didn't miss and then there was school and stuff) that I just now got around to posting my card for this week's Mojo Monday.This week it was Teresa who came up with this awesome, funky sketch which I just adored. Let me warn you though - it will challenge you to think a bit...well at least I had to think and play around with it for a while until I had it all worked out.
The image I used for this card is from the Who's that E-Girl? set by My Favorite Things Set. This cutie was in my mailbox on Monday and I thought it would just be perfect for this sketch!!
If you know this set you'll notice that I cropped the image to fit my card a teensy bit better. How did I do that? Easy - I just masked the bottom and side of my paper, stamped it and connected the lines (I wanted a more messy, sketch look so that's what
you see there). Handy little trick, right?

I also did a ton of paper piecing and applied Crystal Effects to her laptop for some extra shine.
The papers I used are from none other than the Quite Contrary Line by My Mind's Eye. Hehe I just replenished my stack.
Tips'n' Tricks: When you're laying your card out and somehow it just doesn't feel right to you, then it just may be that your papers don't quite go together as nicely as you thought so my suggestion to you is to not give up and play around with different combinations until you find one where it just all seems to click. Most importanly though: Don't give up!! Make it work as Tim Gunn would say!! :)
So that's all I have for you today! Now I have to go draw something for class. :) I hope you have a great day and happy stamping!!!
~ Sony

Stamps: Who's that E-Girl? (MFT)
Paper: Quite Contrary (MME), Kraft, Chocolate Chip (SU)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Twill Tape (PTI), Buttons, Jute Twine, Brads, Crystal Effects, Sewing Machine
Sony, I'm LOVIN" this.
ReplyDeleteOh wow, that is REALLY pretty!
ReplyDeleteThat is some awesome paper piecing, I love it!!!
ReplyDelete