Hi guys!! I don't know about you but I had an awesome day!! I got a ton of things done, I even did some sketching for my Figure Drawing class and now I'm firing up my oven for a fabulous chocolate croissant before the MFT Release Blog Party starts. :) Life is good!Since it's the first week of the month Cindy is presenting us with a sketch challenge for the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club.
Me...getting ready to have a croissant, came up with the idea of creating a kind of vintage-y feel bakery-signage-look alike card...and this is what that looks like to me. lol
I'm absolutely in love with this paper I just bought today actually. It's by Samantha Walker for Creative Imaginations. I layered that with a bunch of neutral and brown CS to create this sort of vintage-y feel.

The sentiment "Baked with Love" is from the MFT set Lovin' from the Oven - this set is quickly becoming one of my favorites - you can do so much with it!! The "for you" is the second half of the Essential Sentiment set stamp "I'm here for you". The circle is from the Waltzing Mouse set Small Circles and the small little accents in the middle of the circle are from the Clear Dollar Stamps set Words of Sympathy.
Since I didn't have the right width ribbon to go with my card I simply used two thinner twill tape strips: one with a bow and one without. Handy little trick, don't ya think?
So my croissant is goin' in the oven and I'm gonna do a quick clean-up before the MFT Release Party. Why don't you swing by? We have tons of fun over there!! :)
~ Sony
Stamps: Lovin' from the Oven (MFT), Essential Sentiments (MFT), Words of Sympathy (Clear Dollar Stamps), Small Circles (Waltzing Mouse)
Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip (SU), Sahara Sand (SU), Samantha Walker (Creative Imaginations)
Ink: Soft Suede (SU), Antique Linen (Distress Ink)
Accessories: Sponges, Post It Notes (for Masking), Nesties, Twill Tape, Brads, Sewing Machine, Pop-up Dots
EDITED APRIL 7th, 2010 - just for you Jocelyn :)
I used Coats & Clark Dual Duty HEAVY thread. A little tip I got from Jody. ;)

Absolutely wonderful card. I love the layout and especially the colors. Brown can sometimes be a hard color to work with but you've done a beautiful job. Now, what I really want to know is what did you use to make the stitches so bold and visible? Please tell. I love them! Thanks.
ReplyDeletethe double ribbon looks great. I love the nestie label punch, is perfect for this card.
ReplyDeleteSo PRETTY, Sony.
ReplyDelete