So I got a new toy this week, something I needed for class and that's a Wacom Tablet. That's one of those big touch pads you use with a pen to draw on and it can also function as your mouse - does that make sense?! I'm sure you know what I mean...anyway, this thing took a bit getting used to but I think I got the hang of it now... well kinda sorta...my drawings still look like chicken scratch. Sigh... I guess practice is everything.But before I spend hours in front of the computer again- let's talk cards!!
It's Saturday and time for another Sketch For You To Try by the always amazing Jen del Muro!
I just got this darling Cheeky Rockabilly from The Greeting Farm in the mail and had to use it right away! As you can see I ended up tweaking Jen's sketch just a tiny bit to accommodate my Cheeky Lady.
The patterned paper I used - can you believe it? I only used one patterned paper for this card

- is called East Meets West and is made by Moxxie. I found it at my local Scrapbooking Store and just loved the look.
The tree-lookin' strip behind Rockabilly started out as just a plain ole' cream CS. I took my Cuttlebug Embossing Folder and inked it up with Antique Linen Distress Ink, put my cream CS in it, ran it through my Big Shot and distressed the edges with Soft Suede ink as finishing touch.
Thank you so much for comin' by - I do hope you continue on to see what my SFYTT Sister's have come up with - how would a real Western Lady say?
Oh I got it: Huney, you gonna have you'self a reeeaaaal hog-killin' time!! Yeehaw!!! lol

* Jen del Muro and Guest Designer Makeesha Byl
Tips'n'Tricks: Need a not-so-white thread that you don't have? Just sponge some ink over your white thread and that'll cut down some of the brightness.
catch' ya next time,
~Sony
Stamps: Cheeky Rockabilly (TGF)
Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip (SU), Cream, East Meets West (Moxxie)
Ink: Antique Linen (Distress Ink), Soft Suede (SU), Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Button, Jute Twine, Twill Tape, Sewing Machine, Brads, Sponges, Distress Stripes Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug)
Super cute! Great details! Your coloring is perfection!
ReplyDeleteAdorable! Amazing coloring!! Love the papers, distressing, and stitching, too!
ReplyDeleteI love the embossing detail!
ReplyDeleteWell this is so cute! I love that cheeky girl and she's on her way to live at my house too! Great coloring!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card!
ReplyDelete