Whew... I don't know about you but it's been one busy stampin' week for me, with the Verve Release just around the corner and the chance of winning one or all of their new releases!!! I just had to play along!Julee presented us with 5 challenges: 1 color challenge and 4 sketch challenges. I really loved the sketches but boy did they make me think...I guess that's a good thing though, huh? Yeah you're probably right.
Anyway - here are my cards:
{Tutti Frutti Rules}This card is a lose interpretation of this week's Mojo Monday sketch. I typed up the sentiment on the computer, drew the little border around it and added some messy stitching.
Stamps: none
Paper: Destination Paradise (M&MBI), Tahiti Beach Stack (DCWV), Kraft
Ink: Soft Suede (SU)
Accessories: Mulberry Paper Flower, Buttons, Brad, Jute Twine, Pop-Up Dots, Nesties, Computer, Sewing Machine
This here is my little sunset scene. I just love the muted colors of the paper and the rounded corners. I prop
ped up the balloon, stamped a patter on the sun and added some more messy stitches.
Stamps: Up, Up and Away (Verve), Wishful Elegance (Verve), Bountiful Backgrounds (Verve)
Paper: Destination Paradise (M&MBI), Tahiti Beach Stack (DCWV), Kraft, Soft Suede (SU)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Aqua (Adirondack), Antique Linen (Distress Ink), Soft Suede (SU), Pumpkin Pie (SU)
Accessories: Copic Markers, White Gel Pen, Jute Twine, Circle Punch, Pop-Up Dots, Sewing Machine, Sponges

{Punk It Up}
This card is meant for our punk-y young teen guy from today. I went with bold, funky colors, used some fun screw brads, naked buttons and staples as embellishments and did some heavy paper distressing.

Stamps: Beautiful You (Verve)
Paper: Destination Paradise (M&MBI), Tahiti Beach Stack (DCWV), Pure Poppy (PTI), Basic Black
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Taken With Teal (SU)
Accessories: Silver Pen, Staples and Stapler, Screw Brads, Nesties, Paper Piercer, Nail File, Buttons
{Peekaboo}
I love this cute little Pooh saying stamp, I think the font and the little flower are just adorable and with mother's day just around the corner I made this card. I took a little creative license with this sketch: I put a big flower instead of a bow and instead of buttons I added a tab and flowers peeking out from behind the paper.
Stamps: Beautiful You (Verve), Because of You (Verve)
Paper: Girl Friday (CC), Bitty Box Basics (PTI), Kraft
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Soft Suede (SU)
Accessories: Mulberry Paper Flowers, Brads, Curly Label Punch, Checkerboard Border Punch, Rhinestones, Copic Markers, Sponges, Twill Tape, Jute Twine, Sewing Machine, Pop-Up Dots, White Gel Pen, Notebook Style Punch

{Swirls}
This card here was inspired by the amazingly talented Amy Rohl. If you're not familiar with her work, be sure to check her out! She's just awesome!!
Stamps: Birthday Wishes (Verve)
Paper: Basic Blk&Wht Pack (M&MBI), Black
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Pebble (Adirondack)
Accessories: Cork, Sparkly Flourish, Ribbon, Top Note Die Cut, Notebook Style Punch, Sewing Machine, Sponges
So that's all I have for you today. I hope you enjoyed your pit-stop here and that you have a great weekend!!!


Awesome card, Sony! Great job with the Verve challenges - good luck!!
ReplyDeleteWow!! Somebody's been busy! :-) FABULOUS job with the challenges! My fave is "Punk it Up"! I'm LOVING that paper - MUST find out where I can get some of that DP!!
ReplyDeleteSuper cute cards Sony!! I love seeing all the cards you post, they're so creative! Oh, and CONGRATS on becoming part of the Cat Pack!!
ReplyDeleteAaaack, these are unbelievable--each and everyone is perfect!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards, I couldn't even choose a favorite, they are wonderful!!!
ReplyDeleteThese are absolutely gorgeous! My fave is Peekaboo.
ReplyDelete