It's officially Spring, isn't it? Well okay maybe not quite where you live yet but it's a comin'...I know it is. :) Just hang in there a bit longer!! :)In celebration of Spring the Verve Divas have come up with a fun theme for this month's Verve Parade:
Fun With Flowers
Now this is such a broad theme that I had a really hard time deciding on what I wanted to do...seriously...I've been wrecking my head for a few days now until today.

I was talking to one of our young people in church today and I noticed that something was off. She wasn't her usual happy self so I asked her if anything was wrong. She started crying, saying that she didn't get into the college she wanted to get into. I gave her a big ole' hug and tried to tell her that that was a sign that God had something better in store for her somewhere else but of course something like this just sucks!
So this little project here is for her! I'm hoping it'll cheer her up a little!
My Project consists of an altered Notebook, a Paperclip turned Bookmark, and a Card.
I love how Joanne stamped silhouetted flowers behind a sentiment on one of her cards so I drew a little inspiration from her here for my notebook.
The layout for the card may look familiar to you and you're right if it does: I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch because I really enjoyed it and I wanted the book and card to look related but not have the same exact layout.

I used papers from the Quite Contrary collection by My Mind's Eye and the Bitty Box Basics by Papertrey Ink - they remind me so much of school. :)
The sentiment on front of the notebook is from Verve's Beautiful You set - such a beautiful set!! I love love love their sayings! So inspirational!
The silhouetted flowers are from Verve's Because of You set. The little flourish you see on the notebook and the card is from the Clear Dollar Stamps set Words of Sympathy.
The flower with the button on the altered notebook is the same flower as the bookmark and the one on the card and it's from the Verve set Wishful Elegance.
The sentiment on the card is from My Favorite Things.

Well I hope you enjoyed stopping by and please leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!
~ Sony
Stamps: Wishful Elegance (Verve), Because of You (Verve), Beautiful You (Verve), Words of Sympathy (Clear Dollar Stamps), Label No. 4 (Waltzing Mouse), Essential Sentiments (MFT)

Paper: Quite Contrary (MME), Bitty Box Basics (PTI), Kraft
Ink: Lettuce (Adirondack), Soft Suede (SU)
Accessories: Buttons (MFT), Jute Twine, Paperclip, Twill Tape, Nesties, Sewing Machine
aaaaahhhhh, I luv this...I have a thing for notebooks and paper clips..so cute...wonderful work...have a fabulous week!
ReplyDeleteenjoy *~*
That is BEAUTIFUL!
ReplyDeletethis is just lovely...what a beautiful notebook :) Great choice of colours and sentiment :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful gift set. you did a wonderful job.
ReplyDeleteThis is AWESOME Sony! I think this gift set will cheer your friend up right away! Great job!
ReplyDeleteWow! This is absolutely gorgeous. I love everything about it!
ReplyDelete