Sunday, March 14, 2010

a little Wonderland


What a busy day it's been today! Today was our Sunday School crafts-day and then after service we were busy packing Easter baskets for the H.E.L.P organization. This organization helps children with special needs. After that I was busy making the 4 gift tags a friend of mine had special ordered from me.
Now that they are done and delivered, I've finally been able to finish my card for this week's Viva La Verve challenge.

I just loved this week's challenge. The inspirational picture I chose reminded me so much of Alice in Wonderland that I decided to create a little Wonderland inspired scenery myself.

I used paper from the Quite Contrary Collection by My Mind's Eye and to stay with the Wonderland feel I used playing cards for the hills.


The scenery was stamped using the Up, up and Away set from Verve. I paper pieced the balloon and the trees.

The Hello is from the Essential Sentiments set by MFT. I used my word label punch and trimmed off one side to create the label look.

Thanks for stopping by!!!



Stamps: Up, up and Away (Verve), Essential Sentiments (MFT)
Paper: Quite Contrary (MME), Basic Black
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Soft Suede (SU)
Accessories: Copic Markers, Word Label Punch, Hole Punch, Jute Twine, Ribbon, Playing Cards, Sewing Machine, Pop Up Dots

3 comments:

  1. Love this, your cards are amazing! Great blog, too! Glad I found you, I'll stop back to see what's new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I spotted your card on SCS! You make such creative cards. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just adore the stitching on the black layer and those adorable paper pieced trees! Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you!!