Friday, March 19, 2010

Up, Up and Away


It's a Viva La Verve Friday morning! I'm still in my PJs, just poured myself a bowl of Cereal and am looking forward to catching up on last night's Project Runway after I'm done blogging... but first comes first.

Amber came up with another great and very original sketch and this time we had three apron's to use as inspiration. How fun!!
I posted the apron I picked and usually I tend to stick pretty close to the inspiration and sketch but today I kind of took it as a starting point and just ran with it.

I took some of the green & pink color scheme and the polka dots (of course) from the apron and then I did a little number on Amber's sketch {hehe} I hope she won't mind. :)
I basically flipped the sketch around and off set one of the circles to balance out my card.

I don't know what's gotten into to me this morning but I even made a panel for the inside of my card!!
I know I'm a little shocked myself - I mean I absolutely love the look of inside panels but after I put so much work into the front of the card I'm usually too lazy to make something for the inside.

Okay - a little about my card:

Some of our young people at church are graduating in June and are planning on going away for college so I made this card
with them in mind . Isn't Up, Up and Away just a perfect saying for it?!
All the stamps I used for the front of the card are from Verve's set Up, up and Away. The sentiment I used for the inside of the card is from MFT's set Essential Sentiments.

The papers I used are some of my all-time favorite collections: Quite Contrary by My Mind's Eye, Girl Friday by Cosmo Cricket andHeat Wave by Kaiser Craft.

Some sponging and stitching and the card is finished.

Thanks for swinging by and I hope you're having a great morning! Project Runway- here I come! :)

Stamps: Up, up and Away (Verve), Essential Sentiments (MFT)
Paper: Quite Contrary (MME), Girl Friday (CC), Heat Wave (Kaiser Craft), Old Olive (SU), Melon Mambo (SU)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Antique Linen (Distress Ink)
Accessories: Copic Markers, Sewing Machine, Nesties, Sponges, White Gel Pen

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving this one too. Great take on the sketch. All those happy little clouds just make me smile!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you!!