Yay!!! My final upload for Verve's Spring Fling!! This card is fully inspired by the Spring Fling: from the colors (see Julee's sketch) to the once-a-flower-now-a-sun image (thanks to all these awesome sunny new images Julee came out with).I had such a blast making this little card, which I kept relatively simple for my standards but I think it works for the whimsy of it all. I do love whimsy and playful!
Okay - now about this cutie (it also works for the Crazy 4 Challenge this week which is all about Paper Piercing):
I used Verve' Bountiful Backgrounds stamp to stamp the Polka Dot pattern on my temping turquoise cardstock. I used the same set to stamp the Stripes on my Kraft cardstock. I can't even tell you how often I've used this set! If there is any basic set you HAVE to have - it's this one!!I wanted a little bit of Texture too so I ran my green cardstock through my Polka Dot Embossing Folder. A little bit of stitching and some Paper Piercing here and there added the final touches.

The Sun is actually a flower from Verve's Wishful Elegance set. I colored it using my Copic Markers, added some highlights with a white gel pen and added some glitter glue to make it shine!! :)
The Clouds are from the TCP set Happy Camper. Oh and before I forget: The sentiment is from the amazing Verve set Beautiful You.
Thank you so much for swinging by! I hope you're having a bit more sunshine than we're having here in LA at the moment. It's downright yucky outside!!! Brrrrr!!
Stamps: Wishful Elegance (Verve), Beautiful You (Verve), Happy Camper (TCP), Bountiful Backgrounds (Verve), Small Circles (Waltzing Mouse)
Paper: Tempting Turquoise (SU), Spring Moss (PTI), Summer Sunrise (PTI). Kraft
Ink: Pumpkin Pie (SU), Memento Tuxedo Black, Frost White (Colorbox), Soft Suede (SU)
Accessories: Copic Markers, Glitter Glue, Ribbon, Paper Piercer, Sewing Machine, Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Pop Up Dots, Nesties
This one is DARLING too Sony! WOW, you have done an outstanding job! Your coloring and stitching are amazing!
ReplyDeleteHow fun, fun, FUN! Love the vibrant colors and all the stitching and piercing!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun card! I just love the cloud behind the flower, and all the fun colors.
ReplyDelete