
I found the most adorable paper the other day. It's called Retro Tropical from Creative Imaginations and I've been dying to use it with my beloved TCP stamps so when this new sketch from Mojo Monday rolled around - I couldn't stop myself. :)

The layouts for both cards are exactly the same. I typed and printed the word ALOHA on the computer but the rest of the stamps for both cards are all from the TCP set Fun in the Sun. For HER version I used a Nestie Label No.4 to frame the Aloha. For HIS version I just kept it a simple rectangle - none of that girly stuff for the boys. :)
You'll notice that my brads are not exactly where they are supposed to be according to the sketch but I just had to go with what worked for my card...so I basically HAD to take a little creative license there. Oopsie!
I had so much fun using this paper that I couldn't just stop and decided to make a HIS and HER version.

The layouts for both cards are exactly the same. I typed and printed the word ALOHA on the computer but the rest of the stamps for both cards are all from the TCP set Fun in the Sun. For HER version I used a Nestie Label No.4 to frame the Aloha. For HIS version I just kept it a simple rectangle - none of that girly stuff for the boys. :)To make my Sprinkles really pop I used clear embossing powder and I wish that thought had occurred to me earlier so I could have done the same with Poochie but what can you do?
Well...I could try to pry off Poochie and attach a new Poochie but we'll see.
Tips & Tricks: Have a stamped image that's really high above your cardstock like Sprinkles and Poochie? Put two Pop-up dots on top of each other to attach your image.
Have a wonderful start to a new week!!!
Stamps: Fun in the Sun (TCP)
Paper: Retro Tropical (Creative Imaginations), Basic Black (SU), Vanilla
Ink: Basic Black (SU), Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Soft Suede (SU)
Accessories: Mulberry Paper Flowers, Brads, Copic Markers, Stampin' Write Markers, Nesties, Pop-up Dots, Scrappy Glue
They are both awesome! I can see why you love this paper!
ReplyDeleteThese are just fantastic! Love hula Sprinkle! :) Thanks for playing!
ReplyDeleteLol these are super cute...love 'em :) Love the flower wave :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun card, liking it .......
ReplyDeleteJo
I'm a lover of cats and I just adore the kitty wearing the hula skirt! That card is soooo cute! I like the doggy one also, but my favorite is the cat! Wonderful choice of papers and colors. Love it! Can't believe you've been doing cards for such a short time! You know what they say, "either you got it or you don't", and you definately got it girl!
ReplyDelete