
Before I tell you all about my Saturday and my card I'd like to take a moment to tell you about Susan Liles, a very kind, cheerful and fabulously talented stamper.
Her husband Eric has been diagnosed with Lymphoma and he's just started chemo this week. Jen from SFYTT has dedicated this week's sketch to Susan and her hubby.
Please send them a card so they can really feel the love and support:
Eric and Susan Liles
7920 Sunrise Dr.
Watauga, TX 76148
I just know they will appreciate it so much!! My card is already on its' way and I think I just got an idea for another card using this sketch...mmh...let me get on that. ;)
What's new with me?
I got a very surprising and amazing email from someone I admire very much. I'll be sharing the who and what a little bit later on with you guys...and the school I'd like to go to had an open house today and I'm sold!! Now they just have to approve my portfolio and accept me!! Please keep me in your prayers!! My interview is on Thursday!!
A little backstory:
I work as an Assistant Director in the Film/TV world and it's a mentally as well as physically demanding job aka you're on your feet for 16 hours a day....sooo I know it's not a job forever and since work has been so slow lately I thought - why not start working on my future career now?!
{I've decided to study computer animation and visual effects btw. It's always fascinated me and I know a few people who work in that area.}

My card (which is a graduation card btw) was really inspired by my open house experience today and the papers I used. I had picked up this paper (the Boyfriend collection by Cosmo Cricket) at my last trip to the scrapbooking store and I've been dying to use it but didn't think I had the right stamp to go with it until I remembered this sassy little Digi Stamp I had downloaded from the Greeting Farm. It all kind of came together after that.
So without further ado: Meet my tomboy Audrey from the Wild Sprouts Series by TGF! I layered her on top of some school stickers by Jolee and distressed the notebook paper on the front and inside the card.
The sentiment on the front of the card is my play on the saying from My Favorite Things: You Make the Grade! Since my card is going to be a graduation card I simply changed it to You Made the Grade and yes I just wrote it in.
The Congratulations on the inside of the card is from the Essential Sentiments set by MFT. Love their sayings!!!
Thank you so much for checking it out! I hope you enjoyed it and I hope you have a blessed Sunday tomorrow!!!
Stamps: WS Audrey (TGF), Essential Sentiments (MFT)
Paper: the Boyfriend (Cosmo Cricket), Kraft
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Ink, Antique Linen (Distress Ink)
Accessories: Notebook Style Punch, Jolee Stickers, Sewing Machine, Copic Markers, Black Pen

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you!!