Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mmm, Mmm, Good

This card is a just because card - no challenge for a change although it does use the same color scheme as the TCP Tuesday challenge this week. Funny how that worked out...huh.

So I've seen quite a few cards lately that have text in them (either from a discarded dictionary or book) and I loved the look so much I've been dying to try it for myself and what better stamp to use it with than my brand new Who's that Girl - Lovin' From the Oven set by MFT.

I took an old cookbook, tore out one of the pages and distressed it quite a bit for the background. I layered a distressed piece of Kraft card stock on top of a Kraft card . I love how Kraft kind of looks like leather when you distress it and put some stitching through it.
The patterned paper are from the Little Man collection by Cosmo Cricket and Bitty Box Basics by Papertrey Ink.

You're going to notice something else I'm currently lovin' and that's paperclips! Yup - you heard right: paperclips! I'm totally channeling this whole going back to school thing! lol Why don't you check back tomorrow?! I'll be posting some photos from my portfolio.

Okay - time to go to bed now.
Have a good night, everyone!!


Stamps: WTG Lovin' From the Oven (MFT)
Paper: Little Man (CC), Bitty Box Basics (PTI), Kraft, Old Olive (SU), Basic Black, old cookbook
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Antique Linen (Distress Ink), Soft Suede (SU)
Accessories: Paperclips, Buttons, Jute Twine, Copic Markers, Sponges, Sewing Machine

3 comments:

  1. It's a great look, and I love how you did it. MFT are so fun to paper piece too, huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, I love this paper here! So warm and cozy looking!

    Congratulations, your card is being featured today on the MFT Blog as one of Our Favorite Finds!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you!!