Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Embellish Color Challenge

One of my favorite stampers is Susan Liles at Susiestampalot (words like Stamp-Mentor or Stampin' Guru come to mind). :) She entered this darling challenge from Embellish magazine and when I saw that, I couldn't resist.

This challenge calls for the use of one or more borders and the use of the colors in the Polaroid-inspired swatches. The peach looked a bit orange-y to me and I didn't have Melon Berry paper so I ended up using Summer Sunset from PTI instead (I hope that's ok).

Anyway, all of the above equals this little busy bee of a card for me!

Let's see - I was inspired by the fondant shapes of the cake to use my brand new Fleur de Lis border punch.

The Flowers were inspired by the Flower on the little girls' hat, which is just too cute! They also gave me the chance of adding a little bling to my card!! How fun!!



The eggs gave me an excuse to throw in some of my beloved polka dots.:)

I got a little carried away with my layering. Below you can see a close-up shot. You'll notice that I used the Scalloped Trim Border punch on both the Sweet Blush as well as the Summer Sunrise paper, layered them, then topped them off with a stamped strip of Spring Moss paper and then added the ribbon on top of that. Whew!!

After all that layering I think I need a nap now! :) Thanks for stopping by!


Stamps: Wishful Elegance (Verve), Label No.4 (Waltzing
Mouse), Small Circles (Waltzing Mouse)
Paper: Spring Moss, Lemon Tart, Sweet Blush, Summer Sunrise (All PTI)
Ink: Pumpkin Pie (SU), Red Pepper (Adirondack), Mountain Rose (Adirondack)
Accessories: Mulberry Paper Flowers, Clear Rhinestones, Ribbon, Scalloped Trim Border Punch, Fleur de Lis Border Punch, Nesties, Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Sewing Machine, Rounded Corner Punch, Copic Marker

4 comments:

  1. This card is full of life and fun! Love the gorgeous columns! Thanks so much for joining in on the Embellish Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. I am so in love with all your stitching, borders, layers of paper and ribbon. GREAT job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card! Love the bohemian feel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Thank you for participating in the Embellish Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you!!