I was so excited today when I opened my mailbox and found my very first order of MFT Stamps in it!!! Yay!! Of course I had to put them to use right away!I ended up making two cards tonight: one using my new set Joy Ride and the other one using my Who's that Girl set Serenity Now.
This weeks WSC challenge was a sketch challenge so I thought what a great way to celebrate my brand new stamps.
My Joy Ride takes place in Italy as you can see by the patterned paper in the background panels. I took those out of an old travel book I had laying around.

I did a little bit of paper piecing on the scooter and colored the rest of my gal in with Copic Markers. I don't have that many Copic Markers yet so I had to reach for my Watercolor Pencils as well. A white gel pen is always perfect for some final highlights.
Since the basic card is black I added a white panel and

a polka dotted red card stock inside the card to give it a little spice. The words Adventure Bound seemed fitting: I'll probably give this card to my friend who is heading to Italy this summer. :)
Stamps: Joy Ride (MFT)
Paper: Basic Black, White, Real Red (SU), old page out of travel book
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Watercolor Pencils, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Sewing Machine, Ribbon, White Gel Pen
My next card is so what I needed today! If you've read my previous post you'll know I've been off to a rough start and well, my little issue hasn't been resolved yet...BUT a little trip to Michael's, where I found this cool paper from American Crafts and then this card and I feel a whole lot more zen now. :)
My next card is so what I needed today! If you've read my previous post you'll know I've been off to a rough start and well, my little issue hasn't been resolved yet...BUT a little trip to Michael's, where I found this cool paper from American Crafts and then this card and I feel a whole lot more zen now. :)I paper pieced my lady because I didn't have the matching Copic Markers. I don't mind though, I actually really like how her top turned out. :)
The pattern on the purple cardstock is actually the lotus flower stamp from the Serenity Now set.
To top it all off I added the Mulberry Paper Flowers, a button and tied a Jute Bow tie. Aahhhh - I feel so much better. :)
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Stamps: Serenity Now (MFT)
Paper: Aqua Mist (PTI), Pale Rose Red(SU), lavender, Amplified (American Crafts)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Mulberry Paper Flowers, Nesties, Word Label Punch, Sewing Machine, Buttons, Jute Twine
These are both fantastic- you are in for it now-MFT stamps are addicting!! :) I love the map dp used on the first one!
ReplyDeleteI want a Vespa!!!! just like this one, well maybe pink or lavender but with polka dots
ReplyDelete