Monday, May 24, 2010

{Shabby Moments} Viva La Verve Wk 4



Did everybody have a great weekend? I hope you did!! Mine was a ton of fun!!

There was hanging out with my friend Stacy at the Farmer's Market, wedding dress shopping with my friend Diana (I'm one of her bridesmaid), an amazing pentecost service and I got to see my friend and former co-worker Scott Grimes in Robin Hood (he's the redhead in case you're wondering who I'm talking about).

Oh and I spent my evening hours in front of the computer, trying to design and publish a more professional website for my artwork/school stuff but yeah...not as easy as you may think so that's still in the works. My friend knows someone who designs websites on the side so I'm hoping he'll be able to design one for me.

But let's talk cards:

This last week in May Amber at Viva La Verve is challenging us to find something in our own craft room that inspired us and use her sketch of course.
I just recently got the deco fan border punch set by Martha Stewart and this set served as my inspiration for this card here.


I had so much fun with my last vintage shabby chic card that I wanted to make another one. You know me I always like to try out different looks and styles so I kept this card very light, monochromatic and added lots of glitz and shimmer to it all.


The sentiment is from one of my favorite Verve sets, Beautiful You. I spritzed the sentiment panel and the flower with some silver Smooch Spritz and sponged the edges, using my nestie as mask with Antique Linen by Distress Ranger Ink.


Thanks so much for stopping by! 
Have a GREAT monday!!


~ Sony




Stamps: Beautiful You (Verve), Bountiful Backgrounds (Verve)
Paper: Cream, Ducks in a Row (October Afternoon)
Ink: Antique Linen (Ranger Distress Ink), Soft Suede (SU)
Accessories: Rhinestone Flourish, Rhinestones, Mulberry Flower, Nesties, Sponges, Silver Smooch Spritz, Deco Fan Corner Punch (MS), Twill Tape




2 comments:

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you!!