Monday, May 10, 2010

{Shooter Baby} Mojo138 & Monday Mania


So I have a question for you: I've noticed that some of my cards that I'm maybe not soo sure about have been getting a lot of feedback and on the other hand some of my cards that I really really love, haven't. Does that happen to you too? Or is it just me? lol
Oh well...as long as the card can bring a smile to someone's face I say mission accomplished, right? :)

So time is becoming more and more sparse so I combined this week's Mojo Monday sketch challenge with this week's Monday Mania challenge. Gotta love a two-fer!!

This week's Mojo sketch is a definite Sketchbook Keeper. I just love those three strips on the right there.
This week's Monday Mania challenge over at Club Anya is presented to us by Crafty Jenn and she's challenging us to Pierce it! Punch it! Piece it! Sounds like good times right?

So I got
busy with my card here: I featured the cute Cheeky Shooter from the Greeting Farm. I love love love their retro, vintage-y pin-up look. I colored her in with Copic Markers, added some small Rhinestones to her belt and scarf and paper pieced her boots.

The papers I used are from the East Meets West collection by Moxxie. I did some heavy distressing to the edges of the paper and the cork panel with my Cuttlebug scissors and I sponged some Vintage Photo ink all around the edges.

I used Kraft Thread to go with my card and did some partial double line stitching on the main background panel and some zig zag stitching on the smaller panel behind Cheeky Shooter. I wanted the stitching to add to this messy and sort of unfinished look to it so you'll notice they are neither perfectly straight nor completely off-kilter and there are also some small pieces of thread sticking out at various places.

A piece of Jute Twine, some brads and paper piercing to the main background panel and the small hanging paper strips finish the card.

Thank you so very much for taking the time and stopping by! I love having you over!! :)

~ Sony




Stamps: Cheeky Shooter (TGF)
Paper: East Meets West (Moxxie), Kraft, Soft Suede (SU)
Ink: Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress Ink), Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Kraft Thread, Sewing Machine, Brads, Ribbon, Jute Twine, Checkerboard Border Punch, Cork, Paper Piercer Kit (SU), Pop-Up Dots, Rhinestones, White Gel Pen, Copics, Sponges
Copics: Hair - E97, E99, E08; Skin - E000, E00, E21; Cowboy Hat - E31, E33, E57, E29; Clothing: B05, B29, T3, E33; Scarf & Gloves: V15, V17, E33 -- Colorless Blender throughout --



4 comments:

  1. Oh Girlfriend, I completely know what you mean! I make a card and giggle afterwards I love it so much and then post it and nothing! Then I make one because of maybe a deadline and didn't put as much love into it as I should of and think 'it will do'! Then I get tons of comments...don't get it! Oh well, I had fun making it! Like I am sure for this one you did! Darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute cute! i love those cheeky cherry TGF stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about not getting those comments, then getting them on the "bad" cards!! It happens to me too! I haven't looked at all of your cards yet, but this one is brill! The coloring is fantastic!!
    P.S. Come check out our new challenge blog!
    First challenge starts May 23(next Sunday.) Hope to see you there! (I'll always comment too lol)
    xo Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you!!