Monday, May 24, 2010

Alma's Swanky Birthday Blog Hop


I hope you're not too busy with all your Memorial Day preparations because we have something fun to share with you: it's Alma's Birthday (well it will be on May 30th) and we've decided to celebrate with an impromptu Blog Hop!!!

What? You don't know who Alma is? Well you're missing out then let me tell 'ya. Alma is the swanky genius behind the Cat's Pajamas stamps. You have never heard of the Cat's Pajama's stamps? Well shoot what'cha waiting for? Click HERE and pay 'em a visit.

So back to the business of the Hop - if you came here from Tracy's Blog then you are so on track but if you just kinda sorta stumbled on this hop here then why don't you go pay Amy a visit because that's where all the fun starts.

It's also TCP Tuesday and the one and only Amy Rohl is challenging us to use Wood in our project...well I kinda jumped the gun with my project and had this already made up before we decided on the challenge so the only wood you'll find here today is the coaster holder...BUT if you come back tomorrow I'll have my "woody" card here for you and it's quite the cutie if I may say so!!! :)

Why don't you play with us and help celebrate Alma's Birthday?
All the deets can be found HERE!!

Here's what I came up with for Alma:
I got these great photo coasters at Michaels and instead of putting a photo in them I got stampy with it, going with a drinking & cheers (in different languages) theme.
The coasters are of course accompanied by a matching card.

Here are some detailed shots:

The glittery jammin' penguins are from one of the new TCP sets Hola Tequila. The sentiment is from the Smells Like Cake set.

I used patterned papers from the Songbird collection by DCWV, Black & White Basics by Me&My Big Ideas and some Garden Variety papers by Cosmo Cricket.

Some of the images and sentiments on the Coasters are put together from different sets so let me see if I can piece it all together for you:

PJ, the bear and his cocktail are all from the A Beary Good Year set. The sentiments Skal and Prost were spelled using the Nightie alphabet set.

Sprinkle is from the Fun In The Sun set and the Tequila drinking Penguin is from the set Hola Tequila. Salud is from the (you'll never guess the name) Salud set. Poochie was a bit trickier: He is from the set Gobble It Up but his accessories are from the A Beary Good Year set. Cheers was spelled out using the Coolvetica alphabet set.
So that about wraps it up here for me. I hope you enjoyed your stop but wait...don't go anywhere yet - there's more to see and I can tell you you don't want to miss this!

Your next stop on the hop is the fabulous Susan!!!

Hope to see you back here tomorrow for some more "wood" action!! hehe

~ Sony


Stamps: Hola Tequila (TCP), Nightie (TCP), Coolvetica (TCP), Gobble It Up (TCP), Fun In The Sun (TCP), A Beary Good Year (TCP), Salud (TCP), Smells Like Cake (TCP)
Paper: Songbird (DCWV), Black & White Basics (M&MBI), Garden Variety (CC), Real Red (SU), Basic Black, Green
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copics, Stickles Glitter, Ribbon, Jute Twine, Buttons, Bads, Wave Border Punch, Photo Coasters, Pop-Up Dots, Sewing Machine, White and Black Thread, Nesties

12 comments:

  1. These are so stinkin' awesome that it doesn't matter that there's no wood! Way to go, Sony!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all of this, Sony. Especially that glittery accordian. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! What a fun set of coasters!! You really went all out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! These are awesome and you are a gal after my own heart. I just adore everything, ESPECIALLY Poochie with that top hat. Just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, you've been busy! The coasters are great! Hope you are having a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word, these are out of this world awesome, Sony! I adore that glitzy mariachi band and the photo coasters are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Over-the-top awesome, Sony! Those coasters are such a great idea. I am just STUNNED you've been stamping less than a year -- you ROCK IT like an old pro! So glad you do so for TCP!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sony, as usual I am loving your project. Very smart idea, I didn't know you were so fluent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ADORABLE coasters and card. love em!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh these are WAY cool!! awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you!!