Friday, August 6, 2010

{I Sea You} SFYTT

It's August already, can you believe it??!!
My time truly flies nowadays doesn't it? Not only am I back in full swing at school (we've had last week off due to Siggraph which is a huge CG&Animation convention) I'm also working on my portfolio because I have to have that ready at the end of the month (so I can apply to my school's 2 yr program in the fall)...oh and on top of that I have to have time for stamping...this is a busy month for me.

So with that being said let's chat cards a little:
It's Saturday and Jen has another great and versatile sketch for you all.
I decided to make a peek-a-boo window for my Shimmer Redkelp and Otto. These cuties are by Sweet November btw.
I've been doing quite a bit of colorful stamping this week, most of which I can't show you yet so I decided it was time for another subtle, dreamy monochromatic card so there you have it.

I added some Floral Wrapper, furry Jute Twine and messy stitching for texture. Oh and I also just got a Crop-a-dile Big Bite soo of course I had to use some Gromlets!! I also used some Gold Liquid Pearls to add little accents here and there and the adorable sentiment is from the Cat's Pajama's set A Whale of a Time.

The few patterned papers I used are from the Basic Grey Basics Manila paper pad...one of my new fave's.

thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to check out what my SFYTT Sisters have come up with! Oh and a big warm welcome to Ashley Nguyen Newell, our August Guest Designer!!









Stamps: Shimmer Redkelp & Otto (Sweet November), A Whale of a Time (TCP)
Paper: Basics Manila Pad (BG), Rustic Cream CS (PTI)
Ink: Sand Beige (Versacolor), Frayed Burlap (Ranger Distress Ink), Memento Tuxedo Black, Soft Suede (SU)
Accessories: Gold Liquid Pearls, large Gromlets, Copics, Floral Wrapper, Jute Twine, Twill Tape,, Nesties, Rounded Corner Punch, Pop-Up Dots, Sponges

8 comments:

  1. Very cool, Sony! Love the window opening and all the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so coool! I love the little details that really make this special! I love the pale color palette, too! Good Luck with finding balance! It is my daily struggle as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl I am amazed! Every time I check in you have an amazing card (several actually!) This girl/mermaid stamp is so darling! Just love it! Hugs-Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE how you used the circle element to create a window! This is AWESOME Sony!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The monochromatic colors are wonderful and I love the little peek-a-boo element. Such a fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I love the mermaid and sea lion! They are adorable and wonderfully colored! I also love how you made the window and the fun textures you added! This is just an awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well this is just an AWESOME card! I love all the different textures and windows, such a fun and detailed card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So creative! Love the muted colors, the design and the hand stitching! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you!!