Sunday, July 11, 2010

{Travel Caddy} WSC

Hi guys,

I'm soo excited today because I finished my Anatomy homework earlier than expected and I also got a good amount of work done on my portfolio so I could do some stamping and not just that...I got to pull out my Favorite Things stamps!

Those poor things have not seen ink in a few weeks because I've been so busy with school and/or work but now I'm very excited to say that it looks as though school's the answer for me. The two possible jobs I had lined up did not pan out even though they seemed to be almost for sure offers so I see that as a clear sign from God that I'm meant to pursue my school and this different career path I've started on.

Anyway...that's how I've been!!
I'm also excited because my birthday is coming up: July 20th and I have a whole thing planned for next weekend. It'll start with going out for drinks on Saturday with whoever of my friends show up and then on Sunday I'm meeting up with a few of my closest girlfriends for an afternoon at the Spa and some good ole fashioned Mexican Dinner after that.
I call it my Hot Tubs and Margaritas celebration ;)

But now let me talk a little about the project I made for last week's Wednesday Stamp Club challenge. The always amazing Cindy and Frances have come up with a great sketch for the week and I took that as a starting point to create my Travel Caddy, that'll hold all your important documents.
I gotta say I'm really excited about how it turned out! :)

Some fun little details:
The Travel Caddy is being held together by a wide band of Twill Tape that has a velcro dot underneath the button as closure. (Little tip: I used my hot glue gun to attach the button to the twill tape for ultimate stickiness...aaand of course I burned myself on the glue...again...sigh I hate when that happens lol soo a friendly reminder: be extra careful when playing with hot glue ;)

My WTGirl (from the MFT set Going Places) is propped up on Pop-up Dots and the map is propped up on top of that to add more dimensionality.

I added some of the Cat's Pajamas brandnew Glitzy Collection called Baby Love to the clouds. This collection as well as all our other amazing TCP goodies will be available for purchase July 20th (my birthday!!)

I wanted a somewhat ruggedy, worn look for this Travel Caddy so I crinkled my numbered DP and I stamped the cityscape stamp on it, several times, different opacities.

Well that's all I have for you today.
Thank you soo much for stopping by!! Oh and if you're not doing anything Monday night (july 19th) why don't you visit us at the Cat's Pajamas' Forum?!
We'll be having our very first release party ever and there will be prizes and other goodies there so you don't wanna miss it!!!
Sneak Peek week starts tomorrow!!! Yay!!

~ Sony




Stamps: Going Places (MFT)
Paper: Roadmap (OA), Kraft, Basic Black
Ink: Brilliance Black
Accessories: Cloud Die-namic (MFT), Twill Band, Velcro Dot, Button, Jute Twine, Pop-Up Dots, Baby Love Glitzy (TCP), Kraft Thread, Copics, Colored Pencils, Gamsol, Paper Stump, Rounded Corner Punch, Hot Glue Gun

5 comments:

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you!!