Friday, January 13, 2012

{What's Shaking?} Viva La Verve

Hello,

Have you had a chance to play along with this months' Viva La Verve challenges? I hope you have because the sketches so far have already been amazing and are sure to just keep on getting better and better. :) In case you haven't heard of Viva La Verve I'll post all the deets for ya at the end of this post.

First let me show you this week's sketch by Miss Andrea:

and now a little more info on my card:
I love love LOVE this bunny Julee designed. I think it's the cutest thing ever...don't ya just love that tail?! It reminds me of the squirrels at my parents house. Those are some cute little rascals. Nearly every time they hear the car pull out of the garage they hop to the garage and wait for my mom to throw some peanuts to them. Some of them come so close she can feed them by hand!! One time the door to the garage was open and one of them made it all the way inside on top of the cabinet where the bucket with the peanuts were. lol Imagine my mom's face when she walked into the garage to see the squirrel there!! I don't know who was more surprised...the squirrel or my mom! lol
Anyway back to the card... the bunny and sentiment are from the Verve mini set Bunny Shake.

I cut out the sentiment using Verve's Charming Banner Die Set and layered that on top of Verve's Charming Oval Die Set. The papers I used are from Cosmo Crickets' Earth Love collection and October Afternoon's Fly a Kite. Then all I did was added stitching, some ribbon and a button with some twine. 
Oh and I almost forgot...I added liquid applique to the bunny's tail for some fluffiness and some glitter to the bunny. {of course lol I can't seem to make a card that doesn't have glitter on it somewhere :)}

now let me fill you in on the Viva La Verve deets:

Every Friday, a Diva will post a sketch for your enjoyment. Your cards, using the sketches, must be uploaded by the last Thursday of the month (check for the due date below!) The winner will be announced on the next day and will win a $100 gift certificate to VERVE! How awesome is that?! Just a reminder, Verve stamps are NOT required but we love to see you use them. Feel free to flip, rotate, resize, or otherwise alter the sketch as long as we can tell you USED the sketch! 


For January, we'll have FOUR sketches! All FOUR cards must be uploaded to the VLVJan2012 gallery by midnight, CST on Thursday, February 1st to be eligible to win this month's prize! Winner will be announced on February 2nd! GOOD LUCK!

Keywords for the entire month will be VLVJan2012 and Verve (if using Verve stamps).

thanks so much for stopping by!!
'til next time,

Sony :)






Stamps: Bunny Shake (Verve)
Paper: Earth Love (CC), Fly a Kite (OA)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Frayed Burlap (Distress Ink)
Accessories: Charming Banner Die (Verve), Charming Oval Die (Verve), Nesties, Button, Twine, Ribbon, Copics, Glitter Glue, Liquid Applique, Heat Gun, Kraft Thread and Sewing Machine



2 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job with this sketch. Love the bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with the sketch! I am not sure this is the project for the purge blog hop comments, but I love your work and am now following you! My prayers for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you!!