Tuesday, April 12, 2011

{Easter Joy} Diva Inspirations

Hi guys,

I'm back with another Diva Inspiration card for you. I tried something a little bit different this time: I had come across a Tim Holtz demo video on Distress Inks and decided to give that a try. I posted the tutorial here for you and I used the techniques shown in that video to get that red/peach/yellow tie dye patterned paper you see on my card.

Here's the video: 


Fun right? 
I took some vanilla cardstock, crinkled it up and stamped melon mambo across the raised creases. Then I took my crushed curry and mountain rose stamp pads and padded them onto my non-stick craft sheet. I sprayed some water on the ink and padded my cardstock on the ink, then applied some heat to dry the cardstock. As finishing touches I darkened the edges and used stamps from Accent Notes and Bountiful Background to make my patterned paper.

Now to the rest of the card: the sentiment and the easter eggs are both from the set Easter Joy. I also used Verve's Classy Label Die and Embossed Oval die...looove them!!! Oh and then I had lots of fun embellishing with Liquid Pearls...they save me from having to pull out my sewing machine ;).
The yellow patterned paper is from the Fine and Dandy collection by My Mind's Eye and the brown polka dotted paper is from the Fly a Kite collection by October Afternoon.

thanks so much for stopping by...
have a wonderful week and have a happy and blessed Easter!!!
Sony


Stamps: Easter Joy (Verve), Bountiful Background (Verve), Accent Notes (Verve), 
Paper: Fine and Dandy (My Mind's Eye), Fly a Kite (October Afternoon), Kraft, Vanilla
Ink: Melon Mambo (SU), Crushed Curry (SU), Mountain Rose (Adirondack), Frayed Burlap (Distress Ink), Soft Suede (SU)
Accessories: Classy Label Die (Verve), Embossed Oval Die (Verve), Nesties, Gold Liquid Pearls, Non-stick Craft Sheet (Ranger Ink), Sponges, Mini Mister (Ranger Ink), Morrocco Lace Border Punch (EK Success), Pop-Up Dots, Nail file (for distressing), Heat Gun

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is gorgeous Sony!! What a fabulous technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola, it's me, the little mother hen just checking on you to see how you were and make sure you're doing ok! Hugs, sus

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you!!