Sunday, May 5, 2013

{Always} May Diva Inspiration Blog Hop




Hi everyone!!!

It's the 5th of the month and that means it's time for a little Verve Inspiration!!!! And...even better...there is a new release coming up on Friday, May 10th!!! Mark your calendars!! We got a sneak peak and I know you're gonna love what Verve has in store for you!!! Ok but first remember you can win a little prize today just by leaving a comment on each blog hop spot. Check out all the details and prize info over at the Verve Blog.

A little about my card today...a dear sister in my church passed away so I was yet again in need of a sympathy card. I wanted to do something a little bit different so I did my version of a shadowbox card with Julee's beautiful flowers from the Surely Goodness set and the corresponding die set.
For the sentiment I used the Flag from the Flag it Die set and paired it with the sentiment from the Borderline set. Then I got a little crafty with it and used a combination of white and grey ink for the flowers, sprinkled that with iridescent embossing powder and applied heat.

Here's another closer look:

ok I don't want to keep you any longer...here's the master Blog Hop list...in case you got lost ;)

1. Julee7. Sankari
2. Amy8. Sarah
3. Anya9. Sony
4. Betty10. Susan
5. Jessica11. Tiffany
6. Karen

Next up is  Susan!!!! Don't have too much fun over there!!! lol

til next time,

Sony :)

40 comments:

  1. Super cute card. I love the stamp you used. Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a beautifully blessed day.
    Hugs,
    Shan

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for the loss of your friend. I love this stamp set, and this card is perfect for a sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sincere condolences on your loss. What a beautiful card-I am sure the family will appreciate your thoughtfulness. THanks for sharing your creative talents with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card captures beautifully the softness and gentleness that sympathy cards call for; the sister's family will be touched by your thoughtful, heart-warming gesture. Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing and inspiring.
    c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sony, your cards are always creative and unique and this one is no exception! Beautiful! So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, sending prayers. TFS God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I am sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry for your loss :( Blessings and sympathies to you and yours.
    Beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry for your loss, but what a pretty little card to show her family how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card! I'm so sorry for your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry for your loss. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure this card will be a comfort, so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty card! Love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. Sorry to her of your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry for your loss. What a lovely tribute to your sister at church.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty card. TFS.
    Sorry for your loss.
    Sympathy cards are the hardest for me to make.
    D- dmcardmaker (AOL)
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card as a tribute to someone so dear.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry for your loss. I'm always searching for new ideas for sympathy cards. Thank you for the beautiful heartfelt card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty! Sorry about your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry for your loss. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I thought shadowbox as soon as I saw this, a really neat design, so sorry to hear about your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very sweet card...praying that it will bring comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow! Those colors are fantastic! I'm very sorry for the reason for this card, though.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is one of those rare cards that 'says' everything without the sentiment. TY so much for sharing...I truly love it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. a lovely sympathy card subtle but with lots of feeling

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a really pretty card. I hope it brings comfort to the receiver.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So sorry for the reason for this card...and I think next to guy cards sympathy cards are the hardest for me to make...maybe because I don't make them ahead of needing one...you did a wonderful job and I love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Pretty card, I hope it brightens their day.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Well now, isnt this the cutest, love the frame and set up of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a thoughtful idea! Love your embossed flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  30. So sorry you had this need. It's as beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sorry to hear of one of your sister's passing. The frame along with the stitching is wonderful along with the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great idea for a card...the shadow box idea is so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  33. So pretty and unique, too. A very sweet sentiment and some gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm sure his card was a comfort to your friends who are hurting. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful card and like how you embossed the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great job! the flowers had such a pretty texture!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the dimension here, very unique!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you!!