Hi Guys and Welcome to our Verve August Diva Inspiration Blog Hop!!
I made this card about a month ago when I had a little break from school and I'm utterly astonished that I chose this particular stamp because it couldn't fit more perfectly right now. My dad passed away a few weeks ago. As most of you know he was battling with cancer and even though he was in remission for a short while the cancer came back and it all went very quickly. My dad is now in a much better place and that is a great comfort to my mom and I.
I don't want to keep you all that long because we have a long list of participating Divas for you today.
Here's the master list:
![]() | 1. Betty | 9. Andrea |
| 2. Jen d. | 10. Janelle | |
| 3. Jen T. | 11. Laurie | |
| 4. Julee | 12. Maureen | |
| 5. Sankari | 13. Teresa | |
| 6. Sony | 14. Charmaine | |
| 7. Susan | 15. Christyne | |
| 8. Amber | 16. Laurie |
thanks so much for stopping by!!!
Happy Hopping!!!!
Sony
Stamps: 1Peter 5:7 (Verve), Great Friend (Verve)
Paper: Lost & Found Sunshine (MME), Crushed Curry (SU), Sahara Sand (SU), Kraft
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Frayed Burlap (Distress Ink)
Accessories: Notebook Style Border Punch, Nesties, Layered Arches Border Punch (MS), Stickles Glitter, Ribbon, Buttons, Jute Twine, White Thread and Sewing Machine, Pop-up Dots
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Frayed Burlap (Distress Ink)
Accessories: Notebook Style Border Punch, Nesties, Layered Arches Border Punch (MS), Stickles Glitter, Ribbon, Buttons, Jute Twine, White Thread and Sewing Machine, Pop-up Dots



So pretty!! {{{hugs}}} to you!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful tribute to your dad. Beautiful card and thoughts and prayers are with your family at this time.
ReplyDeleteAh- this is so wonderful, that sentiment is still one that I have on my list but have not purchased yet. Love your card.
ReplyDeleteSony, so sorry about your dad! This is one gorgeous design...love the colors and layout!
ReplyDeleteHi Sony! Amazing! I love the notebook edging and the banners and buttons! The Verve ladies are all so talented!
ReplyDeleteLove this card. Such a beautiful, neutral color combo. So sorry about your dad, keeping you in my prayers and hoping you have lots of wonderful memories to keep inspiring you.
ReplyDeleteGreat card.
ReplyDeletecraftymom205 at yahoo dot com
What a lovely card! I'm so sorry about your father. I'm glad that you can see it as you do. I'll pray for peace for you and your mother.
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts are with you and your family, as I am sure are everyone elses :)
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful card, wonderful colourings and I adore the little flowers peeking out from behind the layers :)
such a peaceful sentiment, Sony...still sending you lots of hugs and prayers :)
ReplyDeleteOh Sony....my heart goes out to you... Miss my dad dearly and know how it feels so sending a huge cyber hug to you.
ReplyDeleteThe verse is such a wonderful one and you have showcased it fabulously on this card!
This card is utterly spectacular. The colors, the texture, the composition, the sentiment-- it is just perfect. And I send my sympathies as well. The world changes when you lose your dad, but your world was blessed to have him.
ReplyDeleteSo very sorry to hear about your dad. Thanks for sharing this beautiful card and the comfort you receive from this scripture. Love and prayers~Christine
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your Dad... I remember you mentioning on previous posts about his courageous battle. We will keep you and your family in our prayers. This card is beautiful and very uplifting...hope your faith, crafting and wonderful talent brings you comfort during this time.
ReplyDeletewhat a great card i love the punch border and the colors.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card. So sorry for your loss!
ReplyDeleteHugs to you dear Sony. It's wonderful to have a stamp that truly speaks the current need and on a card that stunning!
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing card! Sorry for your loss.
ReplyDeleteSorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and the family.
ReplyDeleteYour card is very pretty. Love the colors and the sentiment.
very nice card.
ReplyDeleteBarbara Bird
MdStrwbery@aol.com
Mdstrwbery.blogspot.com
A beautiful card with a beautiful verse. It is hard to say goodbye to your dad (I know) but so glad that you can encourage your mom (and yourself) with the truth that God will care for you.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you've lost your Dad. Hope the words on your card encourage and give you comfort in the days ahead. It's a really nice one too!
ReplyDeleteSony this is beautiful, everyone over at the Verve always has such beautiful clean cut work!
ReplyDeleteSony this is one of my favorite stamp sets. An oldie but a goodie! So sorry about the loss of your Dad. Wishing you life's greatest comforts. Your card is exquisite with the yellow and black combo. I love that the scripture is the focus of the card.
ReplyDeleteGreat card. Love this layout.
ReplyDeleteWonderful card Sony. This is a wonderful verse to showcase too. I'm so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your father's passing. I do love your card. The color combo is so elegant. Love all the different elements you used.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your Dad. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous, Sony...love all those die cuts and the color combination is fabulous!
ReplyDeleteHI Sonja- I miss you and you're still in my prayers! Please let me know if there's anything you need! I can drop by some dinner or whatever! Love you! xoxo-Kim
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card! Sorry to hear about your dad. . . paper crafting/card making will keep you centered through the tough times!
ReplyDeleteSony: This is stunning. I love the combination of papers and ribbon. And you're right the verse is perfect. I always like to believe MY Dad is watching from a really nice chair, with a cold drink and lots of friends around to yak with. He loved his friends. I am certain your Dad is watching too, with pride in his eyes. Your creativity is awesome. God Bless.
ReplyDeleteI am very sorry to hear about your Dad's passing. I lost my Dad to cancer in 2008, I know how difficult (and yet oddly relieving) that can be. Your card is beautiful. I love the muted colors and design. Thank you for sharing and God bless you and your family.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your dad, Sony, and am sending you a hug and a prayer during this difficult time! Your card is gorgeous and full of so many beautiful elements! Love that sentiment!
ReplyDeleteI love the yellow/black combination and the sewing and buttons.
ReplyDeleteYour card is beautiful. My condolences to you and your family with the passing of your father. Wishing you comfort and peace.
ReplyDeleteSony, this is wonderful! Continuing to pray for you and your mom! There is comfort in knowing he is in a better place. Great, too, that you can find ways to deal with the loss through crafting! Beautifully done!
ReplyDeletePerfect card I do love it , the sentiment is just right. The colour brings a little cheer for a sad occassion to remind one of a better place. x
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous card! I love the verse!
ReplyDeletelove your color choice!!! And the layering is so beautifully done! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteLisa
Wow, simply outstanding card. TYFS with a new visitor and follower on this new to me hop.
ReplyDeleteWonderful use of colors and shapes. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteGreat use of color and nice design as well! keep it up!
ReplyDeleteLovely card! I like the use of the yellow with black. I'm new to your blog. sorry to hear of your father's passing. I hope you and your family find peace. God bless you.
ReplyDelete