Hi everyone and welcome to the July Diva Inspiration Blog Hop!!!
We have a little Verve for you to get your summer started off right! You can start the Hop at the Verve blog. Continue through and comment on each card/project and you just might win some Vervey goodness of your very own! :)
Soo if you got here from Sankari's blog then you are right on track!!! If not...you might wanna go back...she's AMAZING.
Oh and here's the full blog hop list...for your convenience:
![]() | 1. Betty | 8. Amber |
| 2. Jen d. | 9. Andrea | |
| 3. Jen T. | 10. Charmaine | |
| 4. Julee | 11. Janelle | |
| 5. Sankari | 12. Maureen | |
| 6. Sony | 13. Teresa | |
| 7. Susan |
and then guess what...July is Julee's birthday month!!! (as well as mine ;)

It's Julee's (owner & illustrator of Verve) birth month, so we're having a SALE!
Through July 31, ALL stamps are 20% off!
Now is the perfect time to get those Verve stamps you've been wanting to get!!!!
Okay now that you know about all the stuff that's going on....let me fill you in on my card and give you a brief little update on what's new with me at home and then I send you on your merry way to Susan!!! Orrr if you'd just like to skip all that chitchat then go right ahead...Susan is your next stop!!!
Life has been a little rough and stressful all around lately...my dad's cancer is back and unfortunately it's spread to his lungs and brain, then there's the pressure of this being my last term in school, will I get a job, where will I get a job, and then to top things off my personal life has also gotten a bit complicated... sooo basically everything in my life has a big question mark written all over it and there are times when it gets a bit much and I know you all know how that feels and I finally got to the point where I said 'enough is enough'. I refuse to let all this stuff get me down. It's not like I can do anything about it anyway...I do what I can and the rest is out of my hands and in God's hands...and really that's the best place for them to be so what am I so worried about?!
lol yes those are the kind of conversations I have with myself sometimes... :)
So long story short...I decided I could use a little sunshine in my life and that made me pull out the set Let It Shine and when I looked at it I came up with the idea of turning the sun into a sunflower, my favorite flower!!! The rest just sort of came together...I was going for a fun, carefree, scrappy look that wasn't all that organized and perfectly layed out so I just kept adding stuff. :) Great fun way to craft because you have no idea what you'll end up with and you don't necessarily care all that much about the result either because you had so much fun making it you know it'll shine through. :)
thank you so much for stopping by today!!!
Sony :)
Stamps: Let It Shine (Verve)
Paper: Fly a Kite (OA), Dark Chocolate (PTI), Kraft, Aqua Mist (PTI)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Frayed Burlap (Distress Ink)
Accessories: Stickles Glitter, Copics, White Gel Ink Pen, Crystal Effects, Sponges, Cardboard Letter, Ribbon, Buttons, Notebook Style Border Punch, Scalloped Border Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, Seeing Spots Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), White Thread and Sewing Machine
Accessories: Stickles Glitter, Copics, White Gel Ink Pen, Crystal Effects, Sponges, Cardboard Letter, Ribbon, Buttons, Notebook Style Border Punch, Scalloped Border Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, Seeing Spots Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), White Thread and Sewing Machine


Amazing - love the layers
ReplyDeletegirl, I luv your style...fabulous card! I am so sorry about your Dad and the fork in the road of life fro you at this moment. You are a smart gal and everything will come together at some point. You an your father are in my prayers, sending sweet cyber hugs to you Sony!
ReplyDeleteenjoy *~*
love the sunflower, too. take care
ReplyDeleteOK, well, Sankari seems to be sleeping off the Fourth - I hope she's OK.
ReplyDeleteMeanwhile, I love your card! I love the big S with the sunflower - my daughter's name begins with S and sunflowers are her favorite flower! Perfect idea for me! Thanks Sony!
So sorry to hear about your dad, but I'm glad that you're able to use your crafting to let the sun in a little. What a great card it is too. Love the distressing and the fun stitching and the great ribbon/button combo.
ReplyDeleteMy heart goes out to you! In a similar season in my life Ps. 46:1-2 was my life line. Glad you have turned to God for strength and that crafting is a joy to you! Love your card......so many interesting elements!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your dad and the stress you have been under, but you are right, it is ALL in GOD's hands. Sending prayers your way.
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card.
Sorry to hear about your Dad and all the other stresses. Your card is adorable. Have a Happy Birthday, and keep your chin up!
ReplyDeleteSony, you make me smile, did you know that? I love this card and never would have thought to make the sun into a sunflower! Genius!! I'm sorry to hear about your dad and all the questions going on in your life. God just wants to keep you on your toes!! Stay focused on the important stuff and give yourself a little time to breathe. I wish I was there to lend a hand... sus
ReplyDeleteWe fiiiiinally are getting some sunshine up here on the West Coast and yes, there is a bit smile on my face and most of the population up here LOL!! Great card. So sorry to hear about your dad and all the stresses of life. Hang in there ((hugs)).
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your Dad and all the other things going on. Hopefully these are the darkest days and sunshine is just around the corner. Love all the elements on your card by the way.
ReplyDeleteyour card is very cheerful thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteLove your sunflower card...and hang in there. You're right, you are in the right hands. Just keep following where He leads.
ReplyDeleteGreat card. I love your sunflower and your sewing.
ReplyDeleteluv the card and the color combo!
ReplyDeleteNow this is so pretty- love all the elements and the use of the S on it.
ReplyDeleteYour card is great and has so much inspiration in it.
ReplyDeletesuper cute!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cheery card! Happy Birthday and hope things are sunny side up for you soon!
ReplyDeleteWell, Happy Birthday! July is a busy month with birthdays here as well as my 40th Wedding Anniversary on the 15th. I hope things work out for you.
ReplyDeleteLove the card you made! I should start using buttons on my cards. I just never seem to think of using them even though I have quite a stash of them.
Your card has unique pizazz I love the large monogram too!
ReplyDeleteI love the artsy look of your card. It's not always easy to pull off but you done good!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card! Beautiful sunflower! I love all the layers to your card!
ReplyDeleteLove all the bits!
ReplyDeleteI hope it brings you a little sunshine ;)
I absolutely love your card. It's so full of color and so fun!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Jo
www.jwscrapshack.blogspot.com
Prayers for your family~
ReplyDeleteLoving your work....
Lovely card. Happy Birthday to you. your card spoke to me too. May God bless you & your family. Leave it in Gods hands, it ts so easy to take it back.
ReplyDeleteVicky
This is a very cute collage-y card! I hope everything settles down for you and you find some peace soon.
ReplyDeletePure Sunshine of a card, Sony! Great idea for the sun transformation to your fav flower! Love all the scrappy style you've added too! You're in my prayers, sweetie!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about what you and your family are dealing with... I along with many others are sending you lots of sunshine and prayers! Love how you were able to make such a wonderful card. Love the layers and all the different elements.
ReplyDeleteLove the layering and ribbon side flags....:)
ReplyDeleteLove all of the layers to your card!!! And fun stitching around the sides! This is awesome!
ReplyDeletetotally cool how you mashed different elements together. unexpected layers! love. it.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful layers and elements!
ReplyDeleteFabulous card--I like the sunflower and the stitching.
ReplyDeleteI love this card! It's my favourite in the hop! I love all the layers and crazy stitching. So fun!
ReplyDeleteSometimes just making a card can make things feel better. Love the card.
ReplyDeletethis is so randomly put together it works perfectly!
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful and absolutely wonderful to look at to see all the fabulous details, Sony! I will continue to lift you and your family in my prayers! Beautiful card!
ReplyDeleteSounds like your plate is quite full right now ... Hang in there and take in all the sunshine you can! HUGS!! And your card is so lovely!
ReplyDeleteWell . . . if this card doesn't bring a smile to the recipient's face, I don't know what will. It's so happy and cheerful and I love the giant "S".
ReplyDelete