Sunday, August 19, 2012

{Victory} Anni-VERVE-sary Spotlight Hop

Hi Everyone and Welcome to Our Anni-Verve-sary Spotlight Hop!!

If you hopped here from Betty's Blog than you're hopping right along and if not then why don't you go to Julee's Blog because that's where all the fun begins!!

We've got some really gorgeous new stamps to show off today so I hope you're ready....this set here is called 'Wonderfully Made' and it includes that gorgeous Vintage-y looking flower along with some amazing sayings like the one I'm featuring on my card here today. Some of other sentiments are 'There are no small miracles' and 'You are in my thoughts and prayers' aaand 'I am fearfully and wonderfully made'....just to name some of them. Gorgeous right?

I have a special relationship to this sentiment I used here because when my dad passed I was essentially stuck with taking care/resolving of all his affairs...many of them very complicated and involve several attorneys so I had no choice but to learn to cast all my cares and concerns unto the Lord...and you know what...I found just what that sentiment said: Victory is mine when the battle is the Lord's. These past few weeks I've felt his presence more than I've ever had before. He has opened the right doors at the right time and it's given my mom and I great comfort during such a difficult time.

Well...I don't want to keep you any longer...I just have such a connection to this sentiment that I wanted to share with you. :)

Sooo here's the Master Hop List:

1. Julee8. Andrea
2. Laurie S.9. Charmaine
3. Maureen10. Janelle
4. Teresa11. Betty
5. Tosh12. Sony
6. Amber13. Christyne {Guest}
7. Amy14. Laurie W. {Guest}

Now you can also win something...here's how:

We've picked a mystery blog from today's hop and hidden a prize! So be sure to give a little shout out in the comment section as you hop around to each blog on the list. We’ll draw a random winner from all of the comments on the mystery blog to win today's featured sets and dies. Check out the Verve Blog for all the prize details and deadlines.

Want even more chances to win? Head on over to the Verve SCS forum and play along in our Anni-VERVE-sary release challenges. Or hop on over to the Verve Blog to find out about our Verve Card Carnival, for a chance to win the entire new release (a $300+ value)!

Next stop on your hop is Christyne!!!
We're very lucky to have her joining us for this release!!!

Best of luck to you!
Til next time,

Sony








Stamps: Wonderfully Made (Verve)
Paper: Clippings (Basic Grey), Ivory, Aqua Mist (PTI)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Frayed Burlap (Distress Ink)
Accessories: Corrugated Shapes (Jillibean Soup), Pop-up Dots, Copics, Stickles Glitter, Buttons, Jute Twine, Twill Tape, Banner CutUps (TCP), Sponge, White Thread and Sewing Machine

53 comments:

  1. WOW What a beautiful card - I love all the layers, the way you colored your sentiment AND I love your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card and thanks for telling your story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The divas are doing great things with that sentiment. I like the textured frame and the earthy background papers you have used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is really beautiful! I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Love the way you framed the sentiment.
    Sorry to hear about your Dad, but you are right and this sentiment is so true, Victory is ours when the battle is the Lord's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these colors! The bright flower on the corner added a gorgeous touch! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry was having trouble with the last post....would not let me type anymore. I wanted to add that I love all the layers and texture you added. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous love all the texture and added elements!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the neutrals with that pop of color! Great stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so so beautiful, Sony and so glad that you have leaned on God in this difficult time and found help :) What an inspiring story!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this verse and am so glad it has reached new depths of meaning for you ad you have seen God work. Huge cyberspace hug to you!! Gorgeous card full of amazing details.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the layers on your card. Lovely.
    -- Connie C.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the style and corrugated frame.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a beautiful card, perfect for that lovely sentiment. I love the rich colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it, Sony! I love the corrugated frame and the vibrant colors, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely, masculine feel to the card. Definitely feel the influence of your dad's passing and the strength God is giving you in it. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very very unique... I love the corrugated look on the frame for the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Greta card! Love all of the elements and that frame! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Julee just makes the best sentiments doesn't she, they touch everyone in some way :) this card is stunning and I'm sure your Dad would be proud of all you've done :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is a wonderful sentiment and promise to claim! I really love all the textures and layers on this card. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. great card! colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so glad that you and your Mom are finding strength in the Lord. This is a beautiful card and sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning! I love how you framed the meaningful sentiment. Really makes a strong statement. I love the banner with the buttons and the bright beautiful flower.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great card with so much layers and interesting details (love the black pp on the side and the textured frame).

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fantastic colors! This is super cool, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card. That frame is gorgeous!! I love all the extra details you've added here. Thank you for sharing what this verse means to you. It is so true and I'm glad to hear that you and your mom have felt God's presence during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very unique card design. Great way to show off the fabulous sentiment. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is a STUNNING card!!! Love the corrugated frame and the banners!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So sorry for your loss, Sony. I'm glad that you're able to enjoy making gorgeous cards like this one that have special meaning for you.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a lovely card - obviously with a great deal of meaning for you.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful card Sony! I love the layers, pretty flower, and this awesome sentiment! Thank you for sharing your special story and how much this means to you. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. I've been away for a while, so please forgive me. I lost my dad three years ago and was in charge of everything since my parents had divorced. It was a difficult time but I'm happy to hear that you have peace and turned it over to God. Blessings to you and your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow! Lots of layered goodness! Love the framed sentiment...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks so much for sharing your difficult time with us! It is encouraging to hear other people's stories of how God is "with us"!!! I am so sorry for your dad's passing. You and your mom will be in my prayers this evening!

    OOOpps! I got caught up in the story and forgot about the card for just a moment!!! Gorgeous card. I love that vibrant flower set in the midst of the neutrals!!!! Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love all the textures - the corrugated frame is awesome!

    Lisa - Scrappy Distractions
    www.ScrappyDistractions.blogspot.com
    lisa dot rea at kbmg dot com


    ReplyDelete
  37. I am so sorry for your loss!!! Bless you, your mom, and family!!

    Love the sentiment on your pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great sentiment, great truth, great testimony, and great card.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful card I love the frame. Sorry to hear you have lost your Dad. I'm glad that you and your mom are finding some strength in leaning on God. I know it can be very hard I've only recently lost my Mum. Hopefully every new day brings a lessing of the pain and burden. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful card! I love the frame that you have made for your sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'm sorry you've been through such a tough time and glad to see how this verse has been such a help to you! I adore your card and am looking forward to seeing more from this wonderful set!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Stunning card! Thanks for sharing how the sentiment is fitting your life right now. All of the sentiments in this set are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wonderful card....the sentiments in this set are very heartfelt...so glad it helped you during this difficult time...Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Gorgeous card! I love your banners and frame. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wonderful design with all those layers, the textured frame and the pop of blue colour.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Fabulous card--I like the frame and the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Such a fabulous card, Sony! Love all your fun elements and I'm so glad to hear that the right doors are opening! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love the layering you've done! You got me choked up hearing about your victory in one of life's sure valley moments. Thank you for sharing and keeping it real!

    ReplyDelete
  49. This is a really cool card. Love all the elements you used. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you!!