Hi Guys and welcome to our April Diva Inspiration Blog Hop,
did you get hear from Lynda's blog?? Nicely done...keep hopping along and if you didn't...backtrack to Betty's Blog...she's the first one in our hop.
This past month was soo incredibly busy for me that everything in my personal life uh hum including my taxes had to take a back seat for a minute...and a half. ;) But I did eventually make it through it all...finals at school are done, I will start an internship doing exactly what I want to do next week which I'm really really excited about and I even got my first freelance job offer. :)
Oh and best of all...I had a week off, which is when I have to get all my crafting in nowadays.
So now that I've had a chance to do my taxes, catch up with friends, watch a few movies, I knew I was...again...beyond late with making a baby card for the amazing Julee!!!!
She had twins you know...of course you do...she's had them last month after all....which tells you how late I really am but me personally I actually like getting a little late surprise :). It makes me remember the day and gives me warm fuzzies again. :)
My card here uses the wonderful hot air balloons from the Verve set Up, up and away, which was if I remember correctly one of my very very first Verve sets. The sentiment is from To The Moon and I just thought it went purr-fectly with the balloons. :) You know me I like to switch things up. :)
Then some DP banners, some ribbons and I'm so sorry to say...I know Julee has twin boys....but I couldn't not have glitter on my card. hehe
thanks for stopping by!!!
Your next stop on the hop is as always the spunky, sassy Susan Liles!!
Stamps: Up,Up and Away (Verve), To the Moon (Verve)
Paper: Kraft, White, Lost & Found Sunshine (MME), Report Card (OA), Basic Squares (PTI)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Frayed Burlap (Distress Ink)
Accessories: Ribbon, Banner CutUps Die (TCP), Game Spinner Embellishment (Tim Holtz), Jute Twine, Stickles Glitter, Pop-up Dots, White Thread and Sewing Machine
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Frayed Burlap (Distress Ink)
Accessories: Ribbon, Banner CutUps Die (TCP), Game Spinner Embellishment (Tim Holtz), Jute Twine, Stickles Glitter, Pop-up Dots, White Thread and Sewing Machine

Cool card! Love the sparkle and funky stitching!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteBalloons are just fun for any occasion. I just love your layers, colors and stitching! You have put it all together just perfectly! I just moved, found things in my craft room I did not know I had, and found my Verve stamps. Thanks for the inspiration!
ReplyDeleteThis looks wonderful! How could you not glitter up those balloons??
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute card! I still need to send Julee a card, too! Thanks for the reminder!
ReplyDeleteTricia
very chic...love the stitching!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great card! Love the sparkle, the stitching, the distressing, all so fabulous! That's really exciting about your internship! Hopefully it pays off. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute idea with the two balloons for the twins. They are so cute, and better with the glitter!
ReplyDeleteLove this delightful card! So fresh and fun. ;-)
ReplyDeleteShannon!!!
ReplyDeleteYou did an awesome job!!! I love the way you colored the stamps and the choice of colors that you used for your card:) Anyone would be blessed to be the recipient of this creationThank for sharing and allowing me to glean from you!! be blessed
~Beyond Measure
tammy
www.urbeyondmeasure.com
Well I had two boys, and let me tell ya, they liked glitter, so all's well...! Besides, Julee and Mark will be looking at this adorable card!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful card! If I made one like this I think it would look too "busy" but you blend all the elements so beautifully! Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeletenicely done.
ReplyDeleteDarling card, Sony. Haven't seen those balloons used in a while and you have done a fine job with them. Yeah on the internship :)
ReplyDeleteWhat an eclectic mix of paper and ribbons - how fun the sentiment is anchored by the arrow!
ReplyDeleteSuch a fun card...and I think the glitter is a great touch!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun card - fun stitching and distressing. Love those balloons and that sentiment.
ReplyDeleteAwesome artwork! Love the textures, design and your stitching!
ReplyDeleteAwesome card! I love the shabby stitching!
ReplyDeleteGreat card. Love the colors and those balloons. TFS
ReplyDeleteLove that you put glitter on this! Glitter should be put on everything! :)
ReplyDeleteVery fun and creative!
ReplyDeleteOh, I love those sparkly balloons!! And combining that sentiment with the balloons is brilliant. Fabulous card!
ReplyDeleteadorable and gorgeous, Sony!! So happy about your career and that school is done for the most part :) Wishing you more success!
ReplyDeleteFabulous & fun card!
ReplyDeleteIncredible card! Congratulations on your accomplishments and blessings in your new career.
ReplyDeleteYour card is so uplifting! A real piece of art. I love the combination of a variety of textures and mediums, that add such interest. It's the kind of card you want to "study".
ReplyDeleteKeep your mind on track, as you head to the future, and let your dreams take flight.
I have the Up Up and Away set too, but I've never managed to make balloons that look as lovely as yours!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! I think it is time for me to add this set to my collection!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful use of the Hot Air Balloons!
ReplyDeletethis is such a fun card! I love the colors & all the details you added..beautiful!
ReplyDeletehugs,
Stephanie
Great card... love the balloons~
ReplyDeleteSo much to look at. Thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteNice card! I had typed a longer comment but lost it in my attempt to post it.
ReplyDeleteFun! Lots of fun details and great colors.
ReplyDeleteChris R. from Iowa
ckrobinson01@hotmail.com
Oh my goodness Sony- all the fun wrapped in this card, the colors, elements, textures- wow!
ReplyDeleteWow Sony what a great card! Love the hot air balloons!
ReplyDeleteSuper fun card Sony! LOVE!
ReplyDeleteCute and fun card! A nice bit of crafty goodnes that will certainly be appreciated!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful baby card for Julee!
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful balloons!!! I love the glitter on them, and the arrangement of your layers is so unique and fun! Thanks so much!
ReplyDeleteLisa
The balloons were a great idea for spring! Love your colors and layout!
ReplyDeleteLook out world... here come... Love those balloons.
ReplyDeleteGreat card! This was my first Verve set as well. Love it!
ReplyDeleteYour card is adorable. This was one of my first sets too, and I love how you used it for this gorgeous card.
ReplyDeleteI also have the stamps your card is really funky
ReplyDeleteWow great card with all the layers and details...love the balloons.
ReplyDeleteI really love your fun take on a baby congrats card! Love your creative style ... the random sewing and layering just adds to the whimsy! Great job!
ReplyDeleteSuch precious balloons!
ReplyDelete