Friday, November 12, 2010

{From our house to yours} SFYTT

Happy weekend everybody!!
Are you as excited as I am?! Well as you're reading this I'm hopefully still sleeping because I took a little break from being a student and worked last night in my old job as Assistant Director, which I still enjoy...but all in measures. ;)
Anyway...it is Saturday so that can only mean that Jen has created another fun sketch for us and I can't even tell you how much I love sketch challenges. They are such a great starting point and at least for me that's always that hardest part. Once I started...it's all smooth sailing...well not always but for the most part. :)

Sooo I'm also throwing another Sneak Peek in for you from the cutest little penguins out there!!! They are by the Cat's Pajamas and part of our newest release which will be available November 23rd.
Mark your calendars for our Release Party which will be Monday November 22nd at 7-9pm EST/4-6pm PST at our SCS Forum.

A little about my card:
Well I sorta cheated and turned this sketch into a square. ;) Work's like a charm don't it?! lol
I went a little overboard with embellishing these cute penguins: I added glitter to the carpet, the socks and the present; I also added some Crystal Effect to the penguins and some Crackle Paint to the fireplace...oh and last but not least I added some Liquid Applique to the Santa Hat and one of the socks. :)
Oh and see the fun loop-y border and that fabulous scallop border on top?! Those are some of our brandnew Cat's Pajamas' CutUps dies, also available November 23rd. I just cut them here using some of the wood veneer sheets Alma carries as well.

Please stop on by my amazing SFYTT sisters!!! They are all so talented and creative it makes me nausious (oh shoo...quick... spellcheck where are you?) lol
Jen del Muro and a big hearty welcome
to our November Guest Designer Stephanie Muzzulin
* Amber Hight
* Amy Rohl
* Amy Sheffer
* Carole Burrage
* Jenn Diercks
*Jodi Collins
* Megan Lock
* Susan Liles

thanks so much for stopping by!!!

~ Sony


Stamps: Round the Chimney (TCP)
Paper: Yuletide (K&Company), Kraft, Rustic Cream (PTI), Wood Veneer Sheets (TCP)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black,
Frayed Burlap (Distress Ink)
Accessories: Icing Border CutUps (TCP), Big Scallop Border CutUps (TCP), Copics, Stardust Stickles Glitter, Crystal Effects, Crackle Glue, Liquid Applique, Pop-Up Dots, Sponges, White Thread and Sewing Machine
 

7 comments:

  1. This is darling, Sony!! Love this new image and you did not go overboard with the embellies!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Sony!! Everything looks so great - love the wood paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is ADORABLE Sony! LOVE these new penguins!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The penguins are adorable. I love the vintage feeling of the colors and papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope -- no such thing as going overboard on the embellishments, at least not for you, Sony! This is fabulous. So great how you can even make the Penguins look vintage -- that's talent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable, Sony! What a cute image. Love all the embellishing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute- love all your details & fab design!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you!!