
Yesterday was Tuesday, which means there was another TCP TUESDAY challenge from The Cat's Pajamas. This week's challenge, thought up by Joanne is all about colors: Olive, Light Blue and Ivory. If you'd like to play along and find out all the details, click HERE. You can win $25 in Cat Cash!!! And who can say no to that?!
Anyway, I had so much using these colors I had to make two cards. I started off with this one...

I just got some new cuttlebug embossing folders and couldn't wait to use them so
I decided this card was going to be all about texture. For this card I embossed both the olive and blue cardstock using my cuttlebug folders and my Big Shot. I used my paper piercer and white gel pen to create the stitching effect all around the card and I used sponges for shading and Copic markers for coloring in PJ, the bear.
Then I had some time on my hand and I had come across the FAUX POSTAGE tutorial on Splitcoaststampers so I thought - why not?!
Here's what my second card looks like...
This little card turned out to be quite work intensive!! I used my Nightie alphabet stamp set from TCP to spell out MEOW and the stripes from Verve's bountiful background set to stamp the background. I used Colorbox Frost White ink for that and then I embossed everything with clear embossing powder.
I didn't have a christmas SPRINKLES, the cat or a small Sprinkles so I simply took my Nurse Sprinkles from my TCP set You Sick Thing and the hat and scarf from A Beary Good Year.
Voila!
I also applied some Elmer's Glue on the Sprinkles hat, sprinkled some christmas wonderland embossing powder over that and heat set it so it gives you a nice glittery texture. Here's a closer look at that:

Cheers
Stamps: a Beary Good Year (TCP)
Paper: Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise, Kraft, Sahara Sand, Thoroughly Modern DP (all SU)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Soft Suede (SU)
Accessories: Copic Markers, White Gel Pen, Cuttlebug Embossing Folders, Paper Piercer, Brads, Word Label Punch (SU), Nestabilities (Spellbinder), Circle Cutter, Sponges
Meowy Postage
Stamps: a Beary Good Year (TCP), You Sick Thing (TCP), Big Sprinkles (TCP), Nightie (TCP); Serene Snowflakes (SU), Cold & Cuddly (SU); Bountiful Backgrounds (VERVE); G Studio
Paper: Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise, Kraft, Sahara Sand (all SU)
Ink: Soft Suede, Old Olive, Basic Black (all SU)
Accessories: Copic Markers, White Gel Pen, Computer, Decorative Edge Scissors, Ribbon (SU), Brads, Clear and Christmas Wonderland Embossing Powder, Nestabilities (SPellbinder), Paper Piercer, Scallop Edge Punch (SU), Elmer's Glue, Heat gun, Sponges
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you!!