Hi everyone,
I did a little bit of christmas shopping for my cousin's family when I spotted some super adorable christmas themed patterned paper in my local hobby store. I loved the somewhat unusual color theme and that's what inspired me to sit down and make a card again.
I then spotted Julee's sketch on her blog and decided to take that as my jumping off point for my card. You'll notice I took some liberties with this one.
I picked a pattern and then started to layer complimentary cardstock. A little trial and error ensued until I landed at something that I liked. I wanted to make a card that I could also use as a gift card holder for our local coffee shop so a coffee motive was a must. I decided on using the to go cup from Verve's Better With You set. I paired that with a saying from PTI's Petite Places Holiday Lane. I also used the little gingerbread man stamp from that set to add a little flavor to my coffee cup.
Lastly I needed something that worked as a frame and anchored the card. I didn't really have any small snowflakes so I decided to use the flowers from Reverse Confetti's Toucan of Friendship. I feel like they can either have a tropical or wintery feel, depending on how you dress/stamp them up.
Some final touches with a copic marker to draw in some shadows, some glitter in shape of ribbon and Stickles glitter and this is where I ended up:
here a closer look:
Thanks so much for stopping by and Merry Christmas!!!
Sonja




Hi Sony!!!!! Love this fab card. Such sweet paper and your shimmery details are just perfect. So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday.
ReplyDeletehi Julee!!!!! I was so excited to see you brought back the mojo sketch I just had to!!! I hope you're doing well and can't wait to see your next sketch :)
Delete