Hi,
I hope you're ready for another funky christmas card. I wanted to push myself a little out of my comfort zone on this one and decided to base my card on a patterned paper I'd normally wouldn't chose...and that was this one:
I usually prefer a bit more subtle patterns with smaller accents and details. I'm also not really a pink person so this paper would have probably been one of the last ones I would have used from this pack.
I thought to pull this one off, I'd have to pair it with a fun christmas tree stamp so I looked through my old stamps and found this Sprinkle one from the Cat's Pajamas that was just perfect for it.
Now I wanted a sketch that I could base my card on. I've found that having a sketch design before you start making your card is a great way to save some time. I found this sketch from MFT on Pinterest that sparked my interest and thought could be fun to make.
The pattern was so busy already I wanted to keep the coloring of the stamp to a minimum.
I used sponges and ink to add a subtle background behind Sprinkle and the tree. I just wanted to make it pop off the page a bit more. Some glitter, ribbon and a little metal accent were the final touches.
Here a closer look:
Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Sonja




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you!!