Hi guys!!!! And...
Welcome to our January Diva Inspirations Hop!
Today the Divas are dusting off some Verve favorites and putting on our monthly hop to inspire you with a fresh new spin on the stamps in our stash! So grab a drink and hop along as we share a little Verve with you! There's a great little prize involved, too! A random commenter on one of the hops will win a $30 gift certificate to VERVE, so be sure to leave a little love in the comment section as you hop about! You can find out all the prize details over on the Verve Blog today.
I am so sorry I'm cutting this post really close today... it's about 1.45am my time right now and I just realized it's the 5th of January aka blog hop time! Yeeeeah and my laptop is about to die on me lol talk about cutting it close...soo I apologize to you early morning hoppers but I'll be back as soon as I get some shut eye with the ingredient list and a little further info on this notebook I made for work.
In the meantime here's a little closer look:
I'm back...so here's a little more info on my little notebook project here. Sketchbooks are pretty pricey, especially ones with tan pages and I still had a stack of tan paper I had to buy for school so I thought...why not make my own sketchbook. And what better way to go with a tattoo art style for the cover?
I don't know about you but when I saw Julee's designs for Brighter Days I immediately thought 'tattoo art'!! You know ... the Ed Hardy kind? So I took the flowers, cut them out using the Scalloped Flowers Die Set and paired them up with the swirls from Blue Skies, layered those, added the butterfly and the sentiment from Borderline.
I used black emboss powder to make the line art really pop and colored it all with copic markers. Glitter was the final touch. :)
here's the master blog hop list:
![]() | 1. Julee | 6. Amber |
| 2. Betty | 7. Andrea | |
| 3. Sankari | 8. Charmaine | |
| 4. Sony | 9. Maureen | |
| 5. Susan | 10. Teresa |
thanks so much for stopping by and a happy new year to you!!
Sony
Stamps: Brighter Days (Verve), Blue Skies (Verve), Borderline (Verve)
Papers: Kraft, Black
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Scalloped Flowers Cut Above Die (Verve), Copics, Stickled Glitter, Black Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Hot Glue Gun



Oh wow... that's stunning! I love the colour depth!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous flower sprig (the little butterfly just adds that extra touch!) - and all the more impressive that you created it while exhausted! Creativity +++. Looking forward to more ingredients/details, so I'll venture back later today. Hope you slept well! Thank you for sharing and inspiring.
ReplyDeleteOh I LOVE this, Sony! What an awesome card!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful project. Love the flowers and the little butterfly. TFS
ReplyDeletevery cool notebook....the flowers look amazing!
ReplyDeleteHow pretty is this. the flowers look great!
ReplyDeleteGreat notebook! The flowers are gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteLove this....simply beautiful!
ReplyDeletelove the flowers on your notebnook!
ReplyDeletelinda patti tpatti@windstream.net
Makes me long for Spring
ReplyDeleteLove the notebook front.
ReplyDeletecraftymom205 at yahoo dot com
great notebook - can't wait to see all the details!!
ReplyDeleteWow, super sweet, love the cluster of flowers!!
ReplyDeleteLove the altered notebook cover! Beautifully colored and detailed!
ReplyDeleteI like the way you have used the Verve stamps on your notebook. It just goes to show that the quality of their stamps when used alone can make a plain notebook look pretty. I hope you had a good sleep and will pop back a little later to see what you have added to it. x
ReplyDeleteLove this! those flowers are awesome!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet notebook! Your work is worth waiting for! Hope your computer problems get ironed out. Thanks for sharing, and Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous flower cluster - the perfect accent for the notebook :)
ReplyDeletetotally love this notebook.
ReplyDeleteCute! I love how you combined all those images and colored the flourishes. I have never thought to do that and it looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteLovely notebook!
ReplyDeleteLove the glitter on the flowers.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea for those scrolly stamps! Love this gorgeous notebook cover!
ReplyDeleteLove the notebook cover. The stickles on the flowers really make them stand out.
ReplyDeleteGreat little notebook! I love the coloring on kraft, it looks fantastic!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful notebook cover and beautiful floral spray.
ReplyDeleteReally like your blog. Thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteReally like your blog. Thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteWow, Sony! You definitely captured the feel of Ed Hardy's tattoo art with the detail on this notebook!
ReplyDeleteSo pretty. I love how you created a flower bed on a kraft background. It really makes your images pop.
ReplyDeleteVery pretty,your flowers are so pretty,scrappinggg.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteThose flowers are beautiful.
ReplyDeletehey girl, hope you are doing well! I luv this card, the bold flowers against the kraft is stunning!
ReplyDeleteenjoy *~*
Great idea for the sketch book...and I love the cover. "Tattoo Art"??? I don't know what that is, but if it all looks like yours, I love it!!! Gonna have to go look it up after I get done hopping :o)
ReplyDeleteLove those flowers on the kraft paper. I am so in love with kraft paper, I think you can use it in so many ways. Great work.
ReplyDeleteHow cool! I love the image and when I first saw it, I immediately thought "this reminds me of a tattoo!" You did a gorgeous job coloring it and I could totally see myself sporting a "tattoo'd" sketch book instead of a real tattoo. :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat a neat idea for a notebook -- the butterfly is one of my favorite images!
ReplyDeletewow those flowers have so much depth and look beautiful against the kraft paper!
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous notebook!! And such a great idea to make your own. Love how you combined the elements together.
ReplyDeleteSony!!
ReplyDeleteHi beautiful L.A. girl!! this is such a super project!!! I love the stamps, the way you colored them and used the dies to cut them out!!! thank you for allowing me to glean from you!!! be blessed
~Beyond Measure
tammy
www.urbeyondmeasure.com
Sony your notebook cover is a great idea. It would make a fun gift for a coworker or student!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute project!
ReplyDeleteGreat project. Love how you popped the flowers and butterfly.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous cover, love all the detail :)
ReplyDeleteWow what an awesome journal cover...love how you used the flourishes.
ReplyDeleteThose flowers are just soooo beautiful, hey!! Love how you've combined them with the swirls and the little butterfly. Gorgeous cover for your journal!!
ReplyDeleteGreat notebook! I love it when I get gifts from friends and this would be a terrific one to give!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! I love the colors against the kraft...
ReplyDelete- April W
Love those flowers and the colors you used. Good Job.
ReplyDeleteOoo nice idea with the Verve-y tattoo art. That looks so good on tan paper too.
ReplyDelete