Hi everyone,
I don't know about you all but my life has been absolutely crazy lately but let me officially welcome you to our May Diva Inspirations Blog Hop. The Diva Inspirations team has created some fabulous Verve eye candy for you all to start your month off right....and you want to be sure to leave comments along the hop because there is a little mystery prize hidden on one of the blog hop spots today!!!
here's the lineup:
![]() |
|
Comment Deadline: 11:59pm Mountain, May 5
Prize: $30 gift certificate to Verve
Prize: $30 gift certificate to Verve
And at 40% off during the month of May, Dare to Be is a pretty big deal!
I'm posting an Easter card I had made and just hadn't gotten around to posting featuring the sets Easter Joy, Egg-stra Special, Wishful Elegance and Sweet Treats.
I know I've kept you all way too long already so without further ado I will direct you to Susan's Blog!!! Please tell her hello from me!!!
til next time,
Sony
Paper: Quite Contrary (My Mind's Eye), Baby Girl Nursery (DCWV), Vanilla, Kraft
Ink: Antique Linen (Distress Ink), Tea Dye (Distress Ink), Soft Suede (SU), Taken with Teal (SU), Mountain Rose (Adirondack), Crushed Curry (SU)
Accessories: Classy Label Die (Verve), Embossed Oval Die (Verve), Platinum Liquid Pearls, Pop-Up Dots, Jute Twine, Twill Tape, Morrocco Edge Border Punch (EK Success), Non-Stick Craft Sheet (Ranger Ink), Mini Mister (Ranger Ink), Sponges, Nail File (for distressing), Heat Gun


Sony, I hope things start to slow down a bit for you, it will soon be summer time girl....lol....your card is amazing...I adore the distressing and details...have a great day!
ReplyDeleteenjoy *~*
The twill, the tiny little pearls so perfectly place, that little curled corner......so many beautiful details! Oh, and everything happens for a reason. Your teacher's accusation turned your attention from him to the sweetheart waiting in line for your attention! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteThis card is beautiful, Sony! All of that lovely distressing, the fabulous earth tones, the great twill and liquid pearl accents are perfect! Just chock full of gorgeous eye candy!
ReplyDeleteI hope things get better at school...that must have been an awful ordeal you had to go through...hopefully the fun drama of the "new guy" will take away some of your anxiety.
Sony, this is beautiful! I love the colour combo...that pop of aqua is gorgeous! Love all that distressing and liquid pearls.
ReplyDeleteHope things settle down for you at school...sounds crazy! Glad your date went well though :)
What a lovely card....
ReplyDeleteGorgeous colors and textures on this one - somewhat of an old world feel.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card! Love the colors and the distressing on this pretty card! (and your beloved instructor sounds like a bit of a fool!)LOL!
ReplyDeletegorgeous card loving the colors/details... i can understand your anger/frustration w teacher... but it killed the crush so now you can see who is out there and find someone who will support you
ReplyDeleteFabulous card, love the flower accent on the twill ribbon! Good luck with what's going on in your life. One day you'll look back and be able to laugh at this (don't sweat the small stuff LOL).
ReplyDeleteWow, beautiful card! Sorry for the drama you are facing. I know what you mean about the outrage that you feel with the accusation. I was accused of plagiarism in college. Of course, I had done my own work and the only thing that remotely resembled the citations was chronological order. I took my revenge by acing that professor's final! Good luck in the class!
ReplyDeleteLovely card - I hope this week is better than the last one. TFS!
ReplyDeleteSorry you had such a bad experience with your teacher...but glad you ended on a better note with your date. Your cards is absolutely beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLovely card. Love the DPs you used and the twine and button on the sentiment panel. I say ditch the teacher and keep the old school guy - they are hard to come by and it is wonderful to be treated like a lady :)
ReplyDeleteOh your card is fabulous! I love the colors and I love the twill. So sorry for the way that teacher made you feel, this old school guy sounds dreamy, good luck :)
ReplyDeleteYour card is wonderful. I love the color and the pearl drops. Sorry to hear about the way your teacher treated you. It would have been hard for my to control my temper, I would have looked for him, found him, and went off on him. But that's me, I hate being called a liar or a cheat. I'm glad to hear your date went well. He sound like a keeper.
ReplyDeletewow your card is just to die for.
ReplyDeleteCute card! Hope your week has more good drama!!
ReplyDeleteLove the card and the colors you chosen for it. Very beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card! Great mix of textures. I like the twine and liquid pearls.
ReplyDeleteGreat card. Good luck with the class and with dating!
ReplyDeleteThis is a really fabulous card. Sorry your teacher said that to you. I think you should discuss it with him when you calm down.
ReplyDeleteMy two cents.
So sorry about all the drama - that stinks about your teacher accusing you of cheating. :-( I hope it all works out! But your card is seriously gorgeous, girl. And I'm glad you were able to go out with a gentleman. They're the best. ;-) Cheers!
ReplyDeleteGORGEOUS card Sony! LOVE the liquid pearl accents and the twill, stunning! Sorry about the ordeal with your teacher, glad you had a nice evening to take your mind off of it though.
ReplyDeleteStunning card! Love all of the little details!
ReplyDeleteYes, 40% off Dare to Be is a great deal! And your card is off the charts gorgeous! I cannot believe your teacher would accuse you of painting over an original-has he seen your cards? I mean really? really?! So glad your date went well, hope it leads to another.
ReplyDeleteYour card is lovely! Wonderful detailing! Hope this week is good for you. I have missed you!! I look forward to seeing more of your work.
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card.
ReplyDeleteGod bless,
PeggyS
Very pretty! I love the stamped background!
ReplyDeleteLove the pops of aqua. Great details. Sorry about your teacher, and good luck with your new guy.
ReplyDeleteHope you can straighten that teacher out! He obviously doesn't know you're talented and didn't need to paint over anything. Good luck with that! Great card too!
ReplyDeleteWOW! Sony, I a so sorry to hear about the drama with your art teacher and such. Totally weird. I guess the flip side is he really thought the work was fabulous and there was no way a student could possibly be better than he is....bahhahaha! Men! I am glad to hear things did get better with the testosterone species. Sounds delightful!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, your card is wonderful! Love the rich colors and fabulous details. I see you are rockin' some liquid pearls. Lovely card!
For such a busy lady, you sure had time to put out a bdautiful card! Great job, thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteCute card.
ReplyDeleteI think you should send that prof one of your gorgeous cards with a note that says "Check out my blog sometime. Do I look like the kind of girl who would copy the original? I make the originals that everyone wants to copy!!"
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card. Nice distressting and colors. Hope you have a great week.
ReplyDeleteLove this card!!! That's all I can say, except, this is GORGEOUS!
ReplyDeleteLove this shabby chic card with all its distressing! Great details!
ReplyDeletethis is so beautiful, love the colors and the design
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card! As for the teacher - phooey on him! My hubby could take lessons from the fella you had a date with.
ReplyDeleteLovely and you have a card ready for next Easter!
ReplyDeleteSony this is just beautiful and vintage.
ReplyDeleteoh, wow!! Drama for sure! I love the first few dates...so fresh and full of promise :) Glad to hear you have a gentleman too...I was very independent too before meeting my husband and it sure felt good having someone do those little things for me :) Oh, now onto the card...just gorgeous! So many rich details!!
ReplyDeleteFabulous card!!! I love the color combinations and all of the elements you chose.
ReplyDeleteLoved the distressing and the string! Hope the drama settles down for you soon!
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card. I love the colours.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely LOVE your card! It is amazing! I love the colors and florals and background. Just stunning! And the teacher maybe a jerk at the moment, but it is still kinda a compliment that he thought you painted over an original right? It just proves how fabulous you really are! And what a fun date! I had one of those once, a very long time ago! Hope the drama calms down for you!
ReplyDeleteLove this card Sony ~ TFS
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing the card.
ReplyDeleteLovely card. I like the brown and turquoise together.
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing your stories! its really nice to see that there are other humans out there! on another note your card is beautiful...that ribbon is gorgeous and the layers and textures are amazing! have a great week!
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful card! I just love the details!
ReplyDeleteOh, this is so pretty, Sony! I just love that background, the colors and the fabulous liquid pearls on the twill. So sweet!
ReplyDeleteAnnoying but fabulous that he thought you painted over the original... Love the layers and colors on your Easter card!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about all the drama going on, I hope it slows down soon, it seems like everyone's life is getting messy lately... Your card is beautiful though!!
ReplyDeletesorry to hear about the classroom drama! glad you had some good excitement to focus on instead of just the teacher thing. Love this Easter card and the way you pulled all your elements together xo
ReplyDeleteDon't you just hate when someone accuses you of something you haven't done and then you can't confront them!! Sorry this happened to you, but your card is wonderful. Try to take it easy.
ReplyDeleteGreat card!
ReplyDeletehope things continue to get better ... hang in there.
ReplyDeleteWonderful card!
Sandra ltb
Even teachers (especially the adorable ones) are only people, too! Your talent will be evidence enough! Gorgeous card!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty Easter card!
ReplyDeleteJust beautiful, Sony!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card...thanks for sharing. Hope you had a great Easter...and I hope the thing with your dunderhead teacher gets smoothed over. :P
ReplyDeleteReally beautiful card, definitely extra special! You did a lovely job and all the details are divine!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the bling!
ReplyDeleteTell that knee jerk teacher to take a look at your blog...copy over an original...was that the best he could do...really!?!? Seems the wonderful chivalrous date made up for it all.
ReplyDeleteYour card is stunning with the colors and elements catching my eye so serenely.
What a great card. Love the distressing details and the colour combinaton.Hope this next week has been way better!
ReplyDelete