Wednesday, June 9, 2010

{I [heart] U} TCP Tues113 & Mojo142

Hi Guys!!! Happy Wednesday to you all!!

I'm such a happy bee right now like you won't believe: my final project is turned in, I have two weeks off before next term which means I have all this time to watch tutorials, teach myself (because I really never had formal training) and improve on my sketching, painting and designing because after next term I'd like to apply to my school's 2 yr. 3D program and I have to have a strong traditional portfolio for them to accept me. Right now I just don't have that but I'm working real hard, drawing and watching tutorials all day long. Just yesterday I was so busy watching a rendering DVD that I totally forgot about my hair appointment. Oooops!!! Sooorrry Shannon!!! :(

I'm also already signed up for next term, which is going to be a buuuu-sy one with 5 (very homework intensive) classes and all. What am I taking?! Anatomy, Drawing the Human Head, Perspective, Color Theory & Light and Intro to Maya (which is a 3D program). Whew!!!

So that about wraps it up with what's new with me - if you'd like to track my progress I have a student website which I update periodically: www.sonjachristoph.com

Now let's move on and chat cards shall we?

I think my mojo is currently on vacation because you don't even wanna know how long it took me to pull this card together but I did finally manage to come up with something.

My something is a Mojo Monday sketch challenge and TCP Tuesday Stamp Challenge Combo. You want fries with that?! hehe
who doesn't love a good combo right?!

The ever fabulous Susan Liles challenged us to use any TCP Alphabet stamp set and I love me some alphabet stamps because you can do sooo much with them. They are in my opinion an absolute must-have!!

So I got real stamp-y today and used stamps from 4 different sets:
The alphabet is spelled out using the Coolvetica set, the I and U are from the Nightie set, the [heart] is from Loving Mew and the birdies and the tree are from the TCP set Puppy Love.
I used Liquid Pearls and Ranger Distress Stickles to decorate the hearts.

My DP is from the Ducks in a Row collection by October Afternoon.

Wanna play along for a chance at winning $25 in Cat Cash and being crowned Swanky Stamper of the Month?
Make sure to upload your design to the Splitcoast Gallery, using the Keyword TCPTUES113 and then link that to Alma's Blog.
For all the deets in depth, please CLICK HERE.


Thank you soo much for stopping by!!! Have a wonderful rest of the week!!! I'm off to my hair appointment now...with my sketch book. ;)

~ Sony




Stamps: Coolvetica (TCP), Nightie (TCP), Loving Mew (TCP), Puppy Love (TCP)
Paper: Ducks in a Row (October Afternoon), Crushed Curry (SU), Aqua Mist (PTI), Black
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Taken With Teal (SU)
Accessories: Copic Markers, Ranger Distress Stickles, Liquid Pearls, Clear Button (TE), Ribbon, Scalloped Border Punch, Wavy Border Punch, Sewing Machine, Pop-Up Dots



4 comments:

  1. So very cute! Lovely little blue birds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable, Sony! Those little TCP lovebirds are one of my all-time favorite stamps. I love your mix of colors and clever use of those alpha stamps! Fantastic card! Thanks for playing Mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the colors you chose and that fabulous stitching tops it off! Super work! (It's always worth all the effort and frustration in the end :/ )

    ReplyDelete
  4. what adorable little love birds :) cute

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you!!