Hi Everyone and Welcome to Verve's August Diva Inspiration Hop!!
It's the 5th of the month and that means it's time for the Divas to serve up some fresh inspiration with their Verve stamps! Leave some comment love along the hop spots for a chance to win a prize, then grab some stamps and play along with our August inspiration challenge for another chance to win!
Our August challenge is Sequined Stunner:


Sequins are the perfect embellishment - sparkly, affordable and with lots of texture. Add some sequins to your project this month to make it a sequined stunner! Feel free to use the graphic as inspiration or not.
For those of us who don't have sequins just laying around the house..let me tell you about my scavenger hunt through Michael's to find some! I started off in the wool section thinking sequins are used on clothing right? Yeah not so much...I figured ok, next one up...might as well check out the scrapbooking/ribbon section. Nothing. I found plenty of glass glitter and picked up lots of other things I really don't need but no sequins. I'm about to give in and redirect my search to a sales person but then after a few minutes of no luck in that I give that up as well because I come upon the jewelry section. Hopeful I go through it two times...no sequins!! I'm about to give up but then resign myself to at least just walk the rest of the aisles..which mind you they are only a few at this point...aaand you're not going to believe where I found them: in the kids section!!! I was so overjoyed I bought a pack of sequins in every color!! lol
I hope you enjoy my hard earned sequin card!! lol
Happy Hopping!!!
![]() | ||
![]() | 1. Julee | 7. Sarah |
| 2. Amy | 8. Sony | |
| 3. Anya | 9. Susan | |
| 4. Betty | 11. Maureen | |
| 5. Karen | 11. Stacey | |
| 6. Sankari | 12. Chaitali | |



I do wonder who decides what goes where sometimes! Just finished school supply shopping and pretty much wandered through the store looking for that one item... I love your bright fun card so glad you found the sequins! I never would have thought to put them with sand but that's such a great look. Tfs!
ReplyDeleteI will have to remember to look in the children's section for sequins. :) Love the scene you created on your card. The sequins look great.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it strange how hard it is to locate things sometimes! Glad you found them and I love your card!!!
ReplyDeleteI don't remember where I found my sequins at Michael's but I didn't think they were in a weird place. Maybe they don't all shelve the same. I did buy lots of packs when I bought them. (probably had a % off coupon).
ReplyDeleteI love your card. Wish I could go surfing. The colors are so bright and vibrant. thanks for sharing.
This is so bright and fun!! I love those surf boards
ReplyDeleteThank you for the inspiration and fun hop. Have a Blessed day, DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
Love your FUN card, the colors are stunning and your design is excellent.
ReplyDeleteSue
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/
You have created an amazing little surfing scene - proving that sequins do not have to be "girly"!! I LOVE this card!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you didn't give up on your search for these sequins. They are perfect and the sand on the this fun card. I love the sparkle you've added too. Wonderful summer "sequiny" card.
ReplyDeleteDarbaby on SCS
Your card is AMAZING! LOVE your uplifting colors. Thanks so much for sharing.
ReplyDeleteYup Michaels hasn't figured out we big girls use sequins on our crafty projects yet. lol.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot
Very cool card. Love the scene you created and the colors. Love the sparkle you added to the surfboards. I would have done exactly as you did in searching for sequins. Wait ... no ... I would have stopped after the second try and grabbed an employee and asked him or her to help me. I have already learned my lesson about Michaels' interesting stocking practices. Spent too many hours searching for hidden supplies. Of course, sometimes the employees seem to be hidden too.
ReplyDeleteYes i have had the same experience looking for sequins to buy. Love the sparkle and feel to your beach card.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun , colorful and sparkly card!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you found the sequins!
ReplyDeleteWow those sequins really pop I love every aspect of this beautiful card
ReplyDeleteSo funny that you found them in the kids section!! Ha ha!! But seriously, I love this card. The surf boards look awesome!
ReplyDeleteSuch a wonderful colourful card. So summery and fun. Love to hear of your shopping trip, lethal always cost more because of everything else you pick up 😀.
ReplyDeleteSue
Amazing card.
ReplyDeleteTotally Tropical!!!!
ReplyDeletethat is so fun, love the card, I am loving the ocean themes right now. .
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic card! I love all of the wonderful elements you layered onto it!
ReplyDeleteWow! This is a fun card. So fresh and different.
ReplyDeleteOh, this is so beautiful; AND fun!! Love those sparkly surfboards and the sequins in the sand.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your successful scavenger hunt and on an absolutely wonderful card! Love the bright colors and, of course, the beautiful sequins!
ReplyDeleteWow, how fun is this! Love the sequins in the sand at the base of the surfboard! Too cool!
ReplyDeleteLOL.......I have soooooooooo been in the same position looking frantically all over for a particular item. So glad you found the sequins because they really a wonderful accent on your terrific card!!!
ReplyDelete<3 J
jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com
Love your surf scene! Such a summery card. And thanks for the tips for finding sequins. I need to get some in order to participate in the challenge this month.
ReplyDeleteWhat a FUN Sumer time card! Love it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great scene you created! I love the sparkle from the surfboards and the sequin sand.
ReplyDeleteWow this is so fun! I love the whole design and brightness!
ReplyDeleteFun card with your bright colors and great details! Love the surfboards!
ReplyDeleteyour card is freakin' FABULOUS!!! the detailing is simply amazing!
ReplyDeleteSuch a striking card!
ReplyDelete