Hi guys,
well I'm trying to finally get back into the swing of things...meaning life...and that includes a little bit of stamping which I got around to today...yay. So I kept it relatively simple today...using this week's Mojo Monday sketch challenge and combined it with this week's TCP Tuesday stamp challenge.
I used one of my all-time favorite PJ stamps from the set What a Blast...only thing I did differently is I cut off the pinwheel stamp and replaced it with a 3D pinwheel...hehe. :) Oh and in case you're wondering where I got that cute 3D pinwheel from...I made it...using the Pinwheel CutUps die from the Cat's Pajamas. Gotta love a custom pinwheel right?!
oh and there were some questions about what I'm doing, how I did this last term and why I sort of dropped of the planet for a while there soo let me tell you about it:
I'm currently studying 3D, computer animation, Visual FX...that sort of fun stuff and my ultimate goal is to become a matte painter. What is a matte painting? Well let me copy and paste the fine wikipedia definition since that one sounds so much better than any of my attempts at an explanation: A matte painting is a painted representation of a landscape, set, or distant location that allows filmmakers to create the illusion of an environment that would otherwise be too expensive or impossible to build or visit. Historically, matte painters and film technicians have used various techniques to combine a matte-painted image with live-action footage. At its best, depending on the skill levels of the artists and technicians, the effect is "seamless" and creates environments that would otherwise be impossible to film.
I hope that makes sort of sense?? Just think of some of those gorgeous deep backgrounds in Lord of the Rings or Avatar and know that those are actually 2 - 2 1/2D paintings and that's what I want to do. So far I only got 3 out of 6 grades back but so far I've got all B+ which is great, considering I was really forced to prioritize this term and let some classes slack. I'm happy. :)
and here's one of my environment design paintings I did this term:
so yeah that's what I want to do....when I grow up ;)
thanks so much for swinging by!!!
Have a great rest of the week!! I'm heading to the beach tomorrow!! The sun is finally coming out here in LA!!! It's about time!!
Sony
Stamps: What a Blast (TCP)
Paper: Fine and Dandy (MME), Chocolate Chip (PTI)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Pinwheel CutUps Die (TCP), Nesties, Brads, Platinum Liquid Pearls, Stardust Stickles Glitter, Rounded Corner Punch


Love that card...I might need to get that pinwheel die! Your artwork looks great. I enjoy the opera here, and it's a small company. I wish their sets were more realistic...but I'm sure it's much hard to do that on the scale they need on a stage.
ReplyDeleteSony your card is just so cute. I must say, that painting is amazing. I just love it. You're one talented lady.
ReplyDeleteWow Wow and Wow! that painting is amazing! You are just ooozing with talent girl! Your card is adorable too and I just love that bear stamp with the pinwheel.
ReplyDeleteThis is just an adorable card, Sony! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday! And that painting is sa-weeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! So fabulous!
ReplyDeletegoodness this is a super cute card!! i can't wait to try this stamp with a custom pinwheel too- i LOVE LOVE how cute it is! (as long as you don't mind i CASE it of course!)just adorable!
ReplyDelete& WOW your digital painting is A-ma-zing! TOTALLY incredible- must've taken gazillions of hours!! can't wait to see you 'in the movies' someday soon!
WOW....what a painting! and congrats on the B+ so far......hope your dreams come true.
ReplyDeleteu are nothing short of AMAZING!!!
ReplyDelete