Sunday, January 5, 2014

{XO} January Diva Inspiration Blog Hop

Happy new year everyone!!!



I'm back!! I had to take a few months off from stamping because I moved and apparently I'm the posterchild for how-not-to-move because my move took about 3 months. lol What a nightmare! But I'm finally fully moved and settled in...so now I can complain about the high rent prices here in San Francisco...just kidding lol...the prices are ridiculous though. Anyway...enough about me....I have a new card for you!!

So my card today was inspired by none other than the Queen Bey...yup you heard right...one of my favorite songs on Beyonce's new album happens to be XO so here's my take on it. :) I used stamps from the Verve set  'Remember This' to stamp the days and the banner on the top. I also used the matching Banner Bundle die set to cut out the banner. Then for final touches I just distressed the edges, added buttons and most importantly the "X"...which is also my shine. :)


Our January challenge is:

The year is shiny and new, so let's add shimmer and shine to our cards.
Think glitter, sequins, rhinestones, pearls, heat embossing - anything with some gloss.
Need a little inspiration? Check out the blogs linked below to see what our Divas did with the challenge! It's sure to be a treat, and speaking of treats, we've got a prize for one lucky commenter along the hop! Check out the Verve Blog today for all the prize info and deadlines.
1. Sarah10. Tiffany
2. Amy11. Maureen
3. Anya12. Stacey
4. Betty13. Amber
5. Jessica14. Teresa
6. Karen15. Marisa
7. Sankari16. Charmaine
8. Sony17. Verve Blog
9. Susan 





Thank you so much for stopping by!!
 I hope you had a wonderful start to the new year and happy hopping!!! 



34 comments:

  1. congrats on getting settled in and here's wishing you the best in your new location! I've a stamping budddy who's into polka dots who'd really appreciate this card; thanx for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eye-catching, beautiful, vibrant!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck with your new place - love your work!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done the SF thing and it was expensive back in the 80's so only can imagine what is is now. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat design with the X and O....enjoy your new home...

    ReplyDelete
  6. fun idea to use song lyrics to design your card. Hope you enjoy our new home - once you adjust to the price changes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the rich brown colors of your card and the shading on the edges. Great contrast with the brighter colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to have you back and glad you are finally settled :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really like your card! Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your color combo and all the layers and buttons.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm totally with you about the posterchild on how not to move. Me too. I just moved next door and here 8 months later, I'm still moving. Too much junk?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you are all settled! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back! So glad you are settled and can share your wonderful creations with us again! And what a great welcome back post! Love the X and O's! Beautiful, rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you are settled and back to card-making! This is a beauty; love the deep colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your sweet card.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to see you back on the hop! Beautiful card :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you are settled in after your move and stamping again. Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! Hope you enjoy your new locale.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Moving is always hard and hope you have settled in now and glad to see you back on the hop with the cute creative card filled with lots of details and elements. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the card! The details are so dynamic. Move your eye across the design! Love the X!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your card. The color combinations are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great way to let a song inspire you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a fun card! And who doesn't love Beyonce?! She's so fierce.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute card! Welcome back to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  25. moves are tough...my parents just moved and she can't find some many things!! :-) Way to rock out an awesome card...love the big X

    ReplyDelete
  26. A very pretty XO card. Fun rich papers and colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you!!